GDT: Colorado Avalanche @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 pm MSG.

Porsche

Zadorov has no tools other than size. He's Bogosian 2.0, and everyone on here recognized the boom/bust potential with him when we drafted him.

Wut?

If you mean other than skating, shot, first pass and physical edge, I guess he has no tools other than size.

The question was if he could ever find the maturity to harness his ability - that people certainly recognized.

People also loved the kid and raved about his potential. Thought he could be Larry Robinson.

Agree with you about the Bogosian comparison though. Bogosian also has all the tools.

Edited by dudacek

Wut?

If you mean other than skating, shot, first pass and physical edge, I guess he has no tools other than size.

The question was if he could ever find the maturity to harness his ability - that people certainly recognized.

People also loved the kid and raved about his potential. Thought he could be Larry Robinson.

Agree with you about the Bogosian comparison though. Bogosian also has all the tools.

I'll admit it, I didn't watch a lot of him last night. But from what I recall, he was terrible at skating, shot was very average, and he didn't have the hockey vision to make good outlet passes. Again, I could be misremembering 

I'll admit it, I didn't watch a lot of him last night. But from what I recall, he was terrible at skating, shot was very average, and he didn't have the hockey vision to make good outlet passes. Again, I could be misremembering

I wasn't really talking about last night, I was talking about the scouting reports about him as a prospect and the early impressions he made here in his initial stint as a Sabre.

Again, my main point is that he was a very highly ranked prospect acquired for a very good NHL forward, that hasn't been worth anywhere near the price paid, at least not yet.

I wasn't really talking about last night, I was talking about the scouting reports about him as a prospect and the early impressions he made here in his initial stint as a Sabre.

Again, my main point is that he was a very highly ranked prospect acquired for a very good NHL forward, that hasn't been worth anywhere near the price paid, at least not yet.

I too am talking about his scouting report. He was highly rated because of his size; he was vicious and dominated other kids his age because of his size. He was viewed as an extremely raw, boom or bust player. He was also dealt at what? 19 years old? Montour is 22, Ghost likewise, and both have way more experience than Zadorov had, and more consistent numbers put up in those games. 

ROR is much better than Kane too. So, IMO, we're trading a lesser player, for a much more established and better prospect. 

Dude, we won the frickin' game.  Enjoy it.  If you want to complain about the team, go into one of the other threads where people bitch and not pollute this thread.

Thank you.

I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out facts.  If those are too much for you, have I got a president for you.

I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out facts.  If those are too much for you, have I got a president for you.

Not disagreeing with your facts, just asking you not to piss in our Cheerios.  The Sabres won the game.  Just enjoy it, at least in this thread.  Lots of other threads full of criticism.

Not disagreeing with your facts, just asking you not to piss in our Cheerios.  The Sabres won the game.  Just enjoy it, at least in this thread.  Lots of other threads full of criticism.

I pointed out that we weren't as bad, points-wise, as Randall said we were, and that's pissing in your Cheerios?  Okay, then.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.