Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Oh yes all in good fun. I'm not trolling at all. I respect Buffalo teams because they're upstate NY, just wondering that's all.

I'll come at it in a different angle: F the Giants. But more because I've adopted the Eagles as my casual no-conflict rooting interest in the NFC and I won't make it out of the parking lot if don't hate on the Giants, Cowboys, and DC Team name TBDs.

I'll come at it in a different angle: F the Giants. But more because I've adopted the Eagles as my casual no-conflict rooting interest in the NFC and I won't make it out of the parking lot if don't hate on the Giants, Cowboys, and DC Team name TBDs.

Fair enough lol.

That said, it's hard not to sorta like the Giants. Cool unis. Cool name. LT. ODB. And so on.

Thanks. I'm not a two team kind of guy but i can't help but notice that I root for the Bills on some level just because of my fellow Sabres fans.

You picked the one franchise that might have worse fans than the Patriots.

Don't care about his higher power, curious why he feels the need to mention it publicly so often.

What's curious is why it bothers you and certain others around here. You're clearly bothered by and intolerant of Christians. There's a word for that.

Can we please lay off the Jesus thing with McDermott? He never said that the Bills will win because Jesus wants them to. He said that he is optimistic because he finds strength in the big man up top. That's a big difference.

Also, let's face some facts. The Patriots obviously have Satan on their side, so if it takes some divine intervention on the side of good, tapping into Jesus' good mojo in order for us to win, then I'm all for it. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure that that is what it is going to take for us to reach the playoffs, let alone win the Super Bowl.

What's curious is why it bothers you and certain others around here. You're clearly bothered by and intolerant of Christians. There's a word for that.

FWIW, and things like this can change, but I recall that That Aud Smell is a devout Christian. 

Not speaking for inkman. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

FWIW, and things like this can change, but I recall that That Aud Smell is a devout Christian.

Not speaking for inkman.

HAIL SATAN

With all do respect, I've never heard of a devout Christian being annoyed by other beleivers expressing their faith publicly; except for people on the internet who claim to be devout Christians.

You will know them by their fruit.

With all do respect, I've never heard of a devout Christian being annoyed by other beleivers expressing their faith publicly; except for people on the internet who claim to be devout Christians.

I have.

Well, he's number one then. 

And based on the years I've spent reading his posts and interacting with him, he's a wonderful man, who I look up to. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

Well, he's number one then.

And based on the years I've spent reading his posts and interacting with him, he's a wonderful man, who I look up to.

Yeah well you also mock people by sneaking in things such as "hail satan" so yeah, there's that.

I'm sure you're both swell and all, but the anti Christian garbage on here is obnoxious. NS arbitrarily mentions comments about his faith, completely out of context all the time, yet none of you guys have a word to say about that. I wonder why. Different tolerance levels for different Abrahamic faiths. Pretty sad.

Yeah well you also mock people by sneaking in things such as "hail satan" so yeah, there's that.

I'm sure you're both swell and all, but the anti Christian garbage on here is obnoxious. NS arbitrarily mentions comments about his faith, completely out of context all the time, yet none of you guys have a word to say about that. I wonder why. Different tolerance levels for different Abrahamic faiths. Pretty sad.

Not sure what that has to do with Smell (and i thought I got it out before it would be quoted, because it was obviously poor taste and a mistake to put in there)

I like Christians, my dude. I was one for a long time, practically everyone I know and love is one. I attended and fell in love with a Franciscan college. McDermott is kinda quirky with how much he says it. I don't really care that he does but I can see how it gets annoying to fans who just want to see some results. The situations aren't comparable because NS isn't the coach of the bills. Quite frankly, if he was, the reaction to him saying the Islamic version of what Sean says among Bills fans would be a LOT uglier. 

Sure, some posters (I won't name them) have taken obnoxious shots at Christianity here (and I've even asked one of them to stop before) and that's not cool. But Smell has given some detail in a long-buried thread, and he lives life admirably, as well as many other Christians that post on this board (Whiskey sticks out in my mind as someone who fits this category and also would raise his eyebrows when McDermott talks). Obviously you feel strongly about this subject, but as someone who couldn't care less I think you took what he said as a shot at Sean and your religion where it was more of a shot at Sean and talk that ultimately means nothing if he can't get his crap together on the football field. 

As to the bold, I am the perfect example of reacting a little more passionately than the situation calls for here when a perceived shot gets fired that wasn't actually any sort of attack - see my response to anything pi ever says, or my reaction any time Swamp commented about Bylsma this past season, or many many other examples :P

Edited by Randall Flagg

I'm not offended by McDermott bringing up Jesus and whatnot. To each his own. I'm just concerned that if things start going sideways, we're going to hear about how God has a plan and stuff like that... which makes losing OK in his mind. I want a leader who doesn't tolerate losing.

Maybe he doesn't tolerate losing and I shouldn't be concerned, but most religious folks I know accept bring dealt a bad hand because it's all part of God's plan.

Edited by pi2000

lol

Religion AND politics in the Bills thread. Oy vey.

Stop it with your hebrew tongue!

I can live with the Giants thanks to them saving the world from the 19-0 season.  And then, on top of that, they went out and beat them again just for extra bragging rights.  I'm not going to go out of my way to watch a single one of their games, but we all owe them one for that.