Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I'll be rooting hard against the Chiefs... and possibly Bills. Time for a Billls tank

Want to see Watkins stay healthy and productive,  and guys like White, Jones, Ragland and Lawson contribute...    low expectations tho.

Please, for the love of God, this has to stop. (sorry to bring up religion again)

Yeah I do NOT want a Bills tank.  It feels like they've been tanking forever already.

It's the exact opposite. We routinely pick around 8-16. Do what the Browns did, tank for 2-3 years, stockpile picks and stop moving up, and take a real shot at getting a QB.

Want to see Watkins stay healthy and productive,  and guys like White, Jones, Ragland and Lawson contribute...    low expectations tho.

Watkins is going to be gone next season, and we're going to waste the primes of Lawson, White, Ragland, and Dareus just like we always do with star players because we have a garbage QB and an incomplete roster.

Tank, get your QB, then actually do stuff. Be the Browns.

It's the exact opposite. We routinely pick around 8-16. Do what the Browns did, tank for 2-3 years, stockpile picks and stop moving up, and take a real shot at getting a QB.

Watkins is going to be gone next season, and we're going to waste the primes of Lawson, White, Ragland, and Dareus just like we always do with star players because we have a garbage QB and an incomplete roster.

Tank, get your QB, then actually do stuff. Be the Browns.

There are just as many Super bowl capable QBs in the NFL that were picked 8-16 or later as there are QBs that were picked 1, 2, or 3.

This tanking crap just has to stop.

There are just as many Super bowl capable QBs in the NFL that were picked 8-16 or later as there are QBs that were picked 1, 2, or 3.

This tanking crap just has to stop.

Like I said, look at what the Browns are doing. 3 first round picks, they completely loaded up on talent this draft. Did they draft a QB even though they needed one? No, because they didn't believe the right one was there. But guess what, if they do next year, they can likely get him. 

Or, we can just doing what we've been doing for the last 17 years. That's worked out pretty well

Like I said, look at what the Browns are doing. 3 first round picks, they completely loaded up on talent this draft. Did they draft a QB even though they needed one? No, because they didn't believe the right one was there. But guess what, if they do next year, they can likely get him. 

Or, we can just doing what we've been doing for the last 17 years. That's worked out pretty well

We have a 3 and a 4 on the team right now and there is no guarantee that Cleveland will do anything with all those picks.

Tanking is shite.

We have a 3 and a 4 on the team right now and there is no guarantee that Cleveland will do anything with all those picks.

Tanking is shite.

We traded up for the 4, which I posted above is a dumb move. Get as many picks as you can, the higher the better. 

Course there's no guarantee Cleveland will do anything with those picks, but they have a better shot at having a successful draft than anyone else

Can we please lay off the Jesus thing with McDermott? He never said that the Bills will win because Jesus wants them to. He said that he is optimistic because he finds strength in the big man up top. That's a big difference.

Also, let's face some facts. The Patriots obviously have Satan on their side, so if it takes some divine intervention on the side of good, tapping into Jesus' good mojo in order for us to win, then I'm all for it. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure that that is what it is going to take for us to reach the playoffs, let alone win the Super Bowl.

Good stuff here.

I'll acknowledge that the extent to which this bugs me is a little weird. I can't quite let it slide, though. Makes me nucking futs.

Also, an honest apology for triggering the stuff upthread. I'd really like the matter confined to a discussion of what that sort of perspective may portend for foobaw coachin' success. But for some, the subject is too sensitive and therefore expansive. So, I gotta knock it off.

For now.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, tank, get your QB, then 3 years later fire your coaching staff and tank again because that QB sucks, then actually do stuff. Be the Browns.

fixed

An attempt at a makepeace from a fairly faithful person, myself:

Saratoga, ink doesn't care whether you're religious or what religion you practice. We've got a couple of members here who are quite religious and who talk about their religion fairly often, and I've never seen him have a problem with them in the 12 years I've been hanging around here (I need a life). We also have a religion thread somewhere. I've hung out with him in person numerous times. He's very much an "I live my life; you live yours; no judgments" kind of guy. I won't speak for him, but my bet is that he is happy for you if you find happiness in Christianity.

His problem is with the coach constantly putting his religion on display. I kind of get where he's coming from; I get pretty annoyed myself when athletes publicly thank God for their team's victory, as if God cared one whit about who wins whatever game. (The corollary to that would be an athlete blaming God for a loss, which is equally ridiculous, and is why I referenced Stevie Johnson above.)

I suspect that if the coach were a gay man, and constantly referred to that aspect of his persona during press conferences, ink would have a similar distaste.

I hope I haven't added fuel to the fire.

So the Jones trade, the Rambo signing, anyone wanna talk football?

Much more thought out and eloquent than I. I'd like to think this will be the end of it but I know better. Regret even mentioning in it.

Much more thought out and eloquent than I. I'd like to think this will be the end of it but I know better. Regret even mentioning in it.

Saratoga hasn't brought it up again and neither have you.  Some ancillary folks have, and let's hope that dies down.

You are a good man, and, so far, Saratoga seems the same.

I know I've chirped McDermott upthread for having a world-view that may not be conducive to winning as an NFL head coach.

But the more I hear about him, the more I really like him.

I read yesterday that, as part of meetings, he has certain players get up and just tell their stories to the team. And that players have been opening up -- talking about their families, childhoods, etc.

Then there's this:

Crossman's new boss is Sean McDermott, with whom he had no history but who McDermott felt was capable enough to stick around after releasing most of the other assistants on Ryan's staff.

"I think the biggest thing I would say about Sean is that he is an unquestioned leader with a fabulous, loving touch," Crossman said before the Bills' training-camp practice Wednesday at St. John Fisher College. "I know that’s going to sound weird when we sit here and talk about football circles, but he is in command. There’s no question who is in command. At the same time, you know he cares and how deeply he cares.

+++

I have not wanted a Bills HC -- or really anyone associated with the Bills -- to succeed this badly in I don't know how long. It's been a while. I don't know if he can or will succeed, but he seems like the authentic article, so to speak. I am pulling like hell for him. 

Edited by That Aud Smell

"I think the biggest thing I would say about Sean is his unquestioned fabulous, loving touch," Crossman said before the Bills' training-camp practice Wednesday at St. John Fisher College. "I know that’s going to sound weird when we sit here and talk but you know he can, deeply.

+++

Edited by WildCard

Tannehill collapsed while being chased at practice yesterday, it's the knee he decided not to have surgery on. 

No reason the Bills can't sweep the phins and Jets, so they'll go 1-3 against them.

This really made me laugh.