Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

It's like the 1988 'Bickering Bills' all over again.

You guys are too young for all this nonsense.  Please just kiss and make up already.

We’d only need to make up if we had made down. But me and Randall never make down.

I've lost the thread a bit.

@Randall : Do you believe that the league and/or the referees consciously favour the Patriots, whether on a plotted/planned or ad hoc basis?

No, I think that the benefit of the doubt thet get when their LT mugs jerry Hughes has far more to do with "these guys are the best ever, they probably didn't do that". I don't think it's a mandate. I think "Last night happened, therefore wrong" can only be seen as a defense of the "goodell wants the Pat's to win every game" argument, which nobody makes outside of musichunch.

It would be different if I didn't SEE all of the blatant holds, PI, push offs, etc during a 2 game stretch where they were given 3 penalties for 9 yards. But I watched it happen every other play.

They are the most hated team, because they are the best. It’s jealousy. It’s haterade.

Not this year, and I think a couple other NFC teams could beat them, too.  That said, they are far and away the best team of the last two decades and perhaps the best dynasty in the history of football.

I live in New England, and for what it's worth, I didn't hear anyone at work complain about officiating, not even the one guy who lost a $500 bet.

Not this year, and I think a couple other NFC teams could beat them, too. That said, they are far and away the best team of the last two decades and perhaps the best dynasty in the history of football.

A dynasty that has been caught cheating enough that they should be nearly out of fingers on one hand (just from what has been made public). A team that also gets lesser punishments and has gotten the benefit of the doubt in investigations. Tom Brady changes phones right before he has to turn it in for an investigation. No problem, Mr. GOAT! Bill Belichick gets praised his for methodical ability to control all team matters, but he has absolutely no knowledge of anything to do with taping practices, deflating footballs, or messing with the other team's audio equipment. I believe that, Mr. Hooded GOAT. I know the guy throwing that last accusation is a well respected coach who has won a few Super Bowls of his own, but we'll sweep it under the rug for you guys.

It all stinks to high hell and the league has a vested interest in down playing it rather than admit that the past 2 decades of results are largely tainted. Admitting the extent of their advantages and direct involvement would hurt revenue after all.

Edited by Alkoholist

I apologize for any snapping and incoherence - I'm almost positive I came down with the flu today, I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Get well. I share your pain. After 3 days fever has subsided, but chest is extremely sore, cough going strong and every joint is screaming....don't even think about moving me.

No, I think that the benefit of the doubt thet get when their LT mugs jerry Hughes has far more to do with "these guys are the best ever, they probably didn't do that". I don't think it's a mandate. I think "Last night happened, therefore wrong" can only be seen as a defense of the "goodell wants the Pat's to win every game" argument, which nobody makes outside of musichunch.

It would be different if I didn't SEE all of the blatant holds, PI, push offs, etc during a 2 game stretch where they were given 3 penalties for 9 yards. But I watched it happen every other play.

Gotcha. I think this is a reasonable take.

Get well. I share your pain. After 3 days fever has subsided, but chest is extremely sore, cough going strong and every joint is screaming....don't even think about moving me.

Thanks man. No notable fever yet, but you don't just go from feeling pretty much normal in the morning to being bedridden by 3pm barely able to move haha. I'm preparing for about a week of this. 

I dunno if any resident physicians will see this, but should I go get tested to see if it's flu and maybe pick up tamiflu if it is? Or should I stay home and tough it out, and not waste time at Mash or wherever?

Tamiflu isn't proven to work

I had the same thing Flagg. There is no cure. Sleep, hydrate, and ibuprofen go a long way. Lasted 3 days, thought it was the flu but was just a virus

Normally I would just stay home unless it obviously got to something severe, like pneumonia/fever over 104/severe dehydration, but some people were telling me to go early since this flu season has been so brutal, so I just want to know what someone like Brawndo/woody/others might suggest. Hopefully I just have some virus that lasts shorter than the actual flu. This is brutal

Thanks man. No notable fever yet, but you don't just go from feeling pretty much normal in the morning to being bedridden by 3pm barely able to move haha. I'm preparing for about a week of this. 

I dunno if any resident physicians will see this, but should I go get tested to see if it's flu and maybe pick up tamiflu if it is? Or should I stay home and tough it out, and not waste time at Mash or wherever?

Randall go to your Doctor or Urgent Care or ED and get tested. The rapid flu test is only about 60-70% sensitive, so there is a possibility you will be started on Tamiflu based on symptoms alone. Wildcard Tamiflu has been pretty effective against the virus, the vaccine has about a 30% success rate, but it does decrease the severity of the disease.

PA is right usually it needs to be given within the First 48 Hours of the Onset of Symptoms.

However in the inpatient setting we have been using Tamiflu on any flu positive inpatient, as it has reduced morality of these patients

The flu is ugly this year, but all the people it affected in such a negative way, weren't all that healthy to begin with. Tamiflu does work, but it's gotten be taken in time, I unfortunately respectfully disagree with Brawndo, and I think everytime you walk into a public facility you are just spreading the virus you have. He's Internal Med, so I'd probably trust him more. :)

Randall go to your Doctor or Urgent Care or ED and get tested. The rapid flu test is only about 60-70% sensitive, so there is a possibility you will be started on Tamiflu based on symptoms alone. Wildcard Tamiflu has been pretty effective against the virus, the vaccine has about a 30% success rate, but it does decrease the severity of the disease.

PA is right usually it needs to be given within the First 48 Hours of the Onset of Symptoms.

However in the inpatient setting we have been using Tamiflu on any flu positive inpatient, as it has reduced morality of these patients

The back half of this is so important (says a guy who didn't get the flu shot).  Even if the vaccine isn't protecting against this version of the flu, it does help to lessen symptoms and increase recovery. 

From Schefter

Stunner: Patriots’ OC Josh McDaniels has decided NOT to accept Colts’ HC job and will remain with New England, sources told ESPN.

In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back.

From Schefter

Stunner: Patriots’ OC Josh McDaniels has decided NOT to accept Colts’ HC job and will remain with New England, sources told ESPN.

In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back.

Sounds a lot like Belichick is leaving soon

or Luck really does have no shoulder left

Edited by Jokertecken