Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Considering they didn't draft 1 last year, it seems likely. The question is where? My guess is in the 3rd or later. They are going to get a Luke Falk or someone like that. I think they know the window is closing on Brady and want at least 1 more Trophy.

Kyle Lauletta

Brady needs two more years of consistent play to break Manning's records. He's not retiring until then

He may not have a choice - always a chance of injury. Doesn't matter if he eats quinoa every meal, older bods just don't heal as fast. He's been pretty lucky on the injury front x/c for the one knee blowout.

May also depend on how they do next year. 

Edited by Gramps

The San Francisco 49ers have agreed to a five-year, $137.5 million contract with quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, making him the highest-paid player in NFL history, according to Mike Garafolo of NFL Network. The 49ers originally acquired Garoppolo in a trade with the New England Patriots back in October.

https://www.fanragsports.com/report-jimmy-garoppolo-to-become-nfls-highest-paid-player/

Seems like a smart move for a 6 and 10 team.

:doh:

While he doesn't have a lot of games of experience, so I'm not saying the contract is definitely worth it, are you aware that the 49ers were 1-10 when they traded for him, and then went 5-0 with him at the helm, despite over 100 million in cap space not being used by players?

While he doesn't have a lot of games of experience, so I'm not saying the contract is definitely worth it, are you aware that the 49ers were 1-10 when they traded for him, and then went 5-0 with him at the helm, despite over 100 million in cap space not being used by players?

No.

These contracts are insanely out of hand.

Shanahan, Lynch, and Jimmy G are worth much, much more than whatever Cleveland has to offer

Shanahan is the only advantage I would give to the SF right now, he is the only reason why Jimmy G was traded to the 49ers. He will be one heck of a Coach. And after watching Pederson with Philly, I wished the Bills would have waited

The jury is out on John Lynch as a GM as he only has one season under his belt. The Browns revamped Front Office is pretty impressive in its own right.

Jimmy G Record in SF was good, but the Bears, Texans and a Rams Team resting its starters in Week 17 wasn’t exactly murderers row. Don’t get me wrong I wish the Bills had him, dropping 44 on the Jags works. But he also just became the highest paid player on an annual basis for a small sample size. Would one of the Top QB Prospects on his Rookie Deal be better, Time will tell

The Browns have the opportunity to come out of the first four picks with Barkley and one of DArnold, Rosen or Mayfield. That’s a hell of a lot to offer in its own right. That doesn’t include the three second round picks they have as well.

They were 1-9.  Still, he has been very impressive in his limited action.

But was it really neccessary to pay him that much? Did he truly command that much objectively or is his agent REALLY doing a good job?

Edited by Thorny

But was it really neccessary to pay him that much? Did he truly command that much objectively or is his agent REALLY doing a good job?

Hard to say with such a limited sample size, but he does have impressive stats.  His 'Total QBR' was above every QB except Watson. He was 6th in the NFL with a clean pocket passer rating.  His PFF passing grade was also 6th best at 85.9.  28.8 points per game, 8.8 yards per attempt.  35.2 percent of his attempts were positively graded by PFF, highest of any QB in the NFL.  His intermediate accuracy was 63.2%, with 10.8 yards per attempt.  He completed 62.3% under duress, the highest PFF has seen for any QB since 2014.  He had the 6th lowest sack rate under pressure, 12.9%.  Hell, his number one receiver was Marquise freakin' Goodwin (who had nearly as many receiving yards as our top two, McCoy and Clay, combined)!