Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I tell ya, if you're the type to believe in sports franchise curses, our teams are really living through them right now.  OSP's cheapness plus the tank and Ralph's cheapness and mercurial temper have gotten the hockey and football goods well and truly PO'd.

There might be a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, but there might not.

Another great job by Sean the Wrestler!

Looks like the early season turnover luck is done and over with and Buffalo's success was all a house of cards. The playoff drought will officially be old enough to vote in less than a month.

Glad someone brought up the turnovers. There was zero chance it was sustainable, as was mentioned, this is the result of the regression to the mean. This is and always was a bad team, they lucked into 8 teams just giving them the ball. It's unfortunate as they have a roster built for dead last but won't due to some crazy bounces early in the season.

Observation, not a complaint or criticism:

This was an historic home beat down in my recollection. I attended games in the Old Rockpile. I’m saying this more as a witness to history than an injured fan.

The game was not as close as the score would indicate.

The Bills experience was far better value, fun, entertainment than my Sabres ticket. I’m not sure what to make of my night at the arena. My Bills got creamed, but oh what a fun day ....

Edited by Neo

Glad someone brought up the turnovers. There was zero chance it was sustainable, as was mentioned, this is the result of the regression to the mean. This is and always was a bad team, they lucked into 8 teams just giving them the ball. It's unfortunate as they have a roster built for dead last but won't due to some crazy bounces early in the season.

I've said and felt this way right along. They've been gifted games. They are worst than their record. It's not the coach or the current GM'S fault at this point. Maybe in two to three years we will say that but not now. Whaley and company built this. Polian last decent gm.

People on TBD calling for Peterman.., why not at this point..

That's brilliant. Let's just run the only half way decent QB this pathetic franchise has had in the last 15 years out of town so we can play the next guy up in the batting order because he threw a garbage time touchdown against a prevent defense. I guess the backup QB really is the most popular Buffalo Bill.

That's brilliant. Let's just run the only half way decent QB this pathetic franchise has had in the last 15 years out of town so we can play the next guy up in the batting order because he threw a garbage time touchdown against a prevent defense. I guess the backup QB really is the most popular Buffalo Bill.

The game plan for every time we lose for the other team is the same thing: make Tyrod Taylor throw the ball. I'm not saying Peterman is the answer, but Tyrod sure as hell isn't

The game plan for every time we lose for the other team is the same thing: make Tyrod Taylor throw the ball. I'm not saying Peterman is the answer, but Tyrod sure as hell isn't

He's still better than anyone else we have. Peterman will prove to be another paper tiger once he plays a defense that's not ready to run for the bus while sitting on a 40 point lead with the time running out. This team has way bigger problems than Taylor, particularly both the offensive and defensive lines. The defense can't pressure the other team's QB or stop the run and we can't protect the QB or open lanes for our running game.

People on TBD calling for Peterman.., why not at this point..

Should Eichel sit a game?

Tyrod can't throw the ball if our idiot OC only calls run plays to Tolbert.

Playcalling was a major problem in the first half and by the end of that, it was too late.

He's still better than anyone else we have. Peterman will prove to be another paper tiger once he plays a defense that's not ready to run for the bus while sitting on a 40 point lead with the time running out. This team has way bigger problems than Taylor, particularly both the offensive and defensive lines. The defense can't pressure the other team's QB or stop the run and we can't protect the QB or open lanes for our running game.

Dareus trade isn't looking so smart after all.

Edited by Eleven

I'm not saying he's not, or that we don't. I am saying he's not the answer though

Dareus trade isn't looking so smart after all.

He only played something like 35% of the snaps when he was here. I don't think his departure has a lot, or maybe anything, to do with our run defense lately 

Tyrod can't throw the ball if our idiot OC only calls run plays to Tolbert.

Hey they threw to Fat Mike too!!

He's still better than anyone else we have. Peterman will prove to be another paper tiger once he plays a defense that's not ready to run for the bus while sitting on a 40 point lead with the time running out. This team has way bigger problems than Taylor, particularly both the offensive and defensive lines. The defense can't pressure the other team's QB or stop the run and we can't protect the QB or open lanes for our running game.

In order to be a "paper tiger" don't you have to look good? Nothing I've seen to date indicates he will be good. Kinda like a paper lynx. Haven't seen much of him but it's kinda cute.

That's brilliant. Let's just run the only half way decent QB this pathetic franchise has had in the last 15 years out of town so we can play the next guy up in the batting order because he threw a garbage time touchdown against a prevent defense. I guess the backup QB really is the most popular Buffalo Bill.

Yeah Buffalo might be the only place where a defense gives up record breaking numbers and they are calling for a new QB.

Hey they threw to Fat Mike too!!

In order to be a "paper tiger" don't you have to look good? Nothing I've seen to date indicates he will be good. Kinda like a paper lynx. Haven't seen much of him but it's kinda cute.

Yeah Buffalo might be the only place where a defense gives up record breaking numbers and they are calling for a new QB.

Paper lynx definitely fits better but people will see the stat line of 70% completions rate with a touchdown and no interceptions and try to extrapolate that over a full game or full season. Some folks just can't help themselves.

Paper lynx definitely fits better but people will see the stat line of 70% completions rate with a touchdown and no interceptions and try to extrapolate that over a full game or full season. Some folks just can't help themselves.

No, I think people just get frustrated with TT. He is a safe QB, he entices you with his arm... but like our Radiologists. Cant read something definitely and every makes excuses for why they aren’t better. Not saying Peterman is the answer and love TT the human being... real stand up guy. Just wish those moments of brilliance were more frequent. He needs to unclench so when the D craps the bed the Bills can still be competitive. At this point imo he has had his chance... Bills are not making the playoffs at this rate... why not Peterman... what is there to lose... nothing different than the last how many years... lost count.

Edited by North Buffalo

No, I think people just get frustrated with TT. He is a safe QB, he entices you with his arm... but like our Radiologists. Cant read something definitely and every makes excuses for why they aren’t better. Not saying Peterman is the answer and love TT the human being... real stand up guy. Just wish those moments of brilliance were more frequent. He needs to unclench so when the D craps the bed the Bills can still be competitive. At this point imo he has had his chance... Bills are not making the playoffs at this rate... why not Peterman... what is there to lose... nothing different than the last how many years... lost count.

This is the flawed premise in your argument.  The Bills ARE making the playoffs at this rate.  

This is the flawed premise in your argument.  The Bills ARE making the playoffs at this rate.  

The Bills will NOT make the playoffs at this rate. Run game has been shut down and Tyrod has been figured out.... again. Peterman gets rid of the ball quickly and is a MUCH better fit in this offense. Tyrod will NOT be allowed to run anymore and since he is forced to be 1 dimensional, his career as a starter is over.

Was that Terry's dog wearing the "patriotic", uh, coat? Doggie sweater? What the hell was that?

Found on Google, but I don't subscribe to the News to read the rest:

Bills owner Terry Pegula surprised Master Sgt. James Kozma of the U.S. Marines with a service dog – a pit bull named Rebel – during a break ...

I'm fine with going to Peterman once the Bills are officially eliminated from the playoffs (for the 18th consecutive year) but while they still have a mathematical chance to make it, I think they need to stick with Taylor.