Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Surprising win.

McDermott has these guys believing and playing for each other. That alone will take them a long way.

If they don't make the playoffs it won't be for lack of coaching or desire or team. I can live with that. Fun team to cheer for.

McDermott has created a team, unlike a collection of talent we usually see with the Bills.

Also, how freaking good are our safeties? Man, they've been amazing

15-1 this year baby

This is exactly it. I just LIKE these guys so damn much. Every single one of them, except for Marcel, who I like as a person, I just think he doesn't like football. 

Even if the wheels fall off and we plummet to 6-10, I'll still like them. Anything on top of that is gravy, and I'm starting to believe they're going to serve us a lot of gravy. 

In the several years I've been watching Bills games at Buffalo Bros here in Ft Worth, today was the best game I can remember.  I went into it thinking the Bills were going to lose and lose big, and although most of the Buffalo faithful there wouldn't admit it, I think a lot of them were thinking the same thing.

But they hung tough capitalized on their opportunities, and kicked consecutive 56 and 55 yard field goals.  And the crowd at Buffalo Bros was rockin'.  We spontaneously broke into the SHOUT song three or four times in the fourth quarter when the big plays game.  This team is believing in McDermott's system and it's a good system.

I want to see more consistency on offense, but if the O can lean on the D it will take a lot of the pressure off the offense and I think they will actually play a little looser and produce better results.

Did Swamp call this win too? I hope he did.

If Matthews is going to be out a while, and we are still cruising after a few weeks, I think we should make a splash and try to get a WR, without mortgaging away too many of the futures we've acquired. Rebuild or not, if the Pats continue to be 32nd on the defensive side of the ball, go all out and see what you can do this year. I'd hate to miss out on a chance because we wouldn't give up a second and a fourth or something.

[on the 4th and 1 from the goal line]

“Our thought process was to stay aggressive,” said McDermott. “I thought we did that. It doesn’t mean that we always snap the ball to stay aggressive. We were looking for a look (from their defense) and we didn’t get the look and that’s what game management is.”

“Looking for an ‘A’ gap that I could squeeze through at that point,” said Taylor of the play. “But they were trying to ‘dog’ the backers. I didn’t want to risk it. Figured we were better to walk away with three points rather than get greedy and not get any.”

McDermott was asked if they got the look they wanted would they have snapped it.

“Potentially,” he said smiling.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2017/10/01/the-bills-4th-1-play-was-a-go-if/

Edited by WildCard

Whelp, Matthews out for at least a month with thumb surgery...need to make some kind of move here right?

Yes.  Powell is coming back, but that's not enough.  Take one of those second round picks and go get a WR.

Fun team to cheer for.

Absolutely.

McDermott has created a team

Very true.

Whelp, Matthews out for at least a month with thumb surgery...need to make some kind of move here right?

That hurts. How much can Walt Powell help? He's back from suspension.

My hat is off to McDermott. Through 1/4 of the season (I know - long way to go), he's the early leading candidate for coach of the year.

I was skeptical, deeply skeptical, of the guy. Through four games, it looks like I could not have been more wrong. And I'm delighted to acknowledge as much.

Yes.  Powell is coming back, but that's not enough.  Take one of those second round picks and go get a WR.

Nope. As fun as this year is, don't undo all the good they've done by going out and trying the ol' win now thing again.

Absolutely.

Very true.

That hurts. How much can Walt Powell help? He's back from suspension.

My hat is off to McDermott. Through 1/4 of the season (I know - long way to go), he's the early leading candidate for coach of the year.

I was skeptical, deeply skeptical, of the guy. Through four games, it looks like I could not have been more wrong. And I'm delighted to acknowledge as much.

i am happy to be eating crow, i had the Bills at 1-3 at this point.  

I am not really familiar with Powell, i didn't really see any pre-season games.  It's a shame, Taylor and Mathews seemed to finally get some chemistry over the last two games and now this.  Bills should look to teams like the Giants and Colts, throw a 2nd and 5th at the Giants for Brandon Marshall maybe, could work.

Nope. As fun as this year is, don't undo all the good they've done by going out and trying the ol' win now thing again.

The good they did was shed a WR who wasn't going to re-sign for a pretty damned good DB and a pick, and to shed a DB who didn't fit the system for a replacement WR and another pick. This is a rebuild, not a tank.  Now that replacement WR is down for a month, it's smart to use one of those assets to replace him.  He doesn't have to be a guy whose contract is up in February, either.

The good they did was shed a WR who wasn't going to re-sign for a pretty damned good DB and a pick, and to shed a DB who didn't fit the system for a replacement WR and another pick. This is a rebuild, not a tank.  Now that replacement WR is down for a month, it's smart to use one of those assets to replace him.  He doesn't have to be a guy whose contract is up in February, either.

I agree, they should find a team that is tanking and knows it. Offer them a pick and get a younger WR that maybe has a bit more downfield speed then our current group. 

Man I'd love to hear all the smack about Sean the wrestler now from our long departed magic man

Watson is better than Mahomes. 

What?

:doh:

We do it every year: mortgage the future for a chance to finally break the drought. Keep the pick, build from the draft. That's what good teams do

Spending a 2nd round pick on a WR probably won't bring in the WR you think it will. Even if it does, it won't be a young, cost controlled guy that knows our system and play book. Keep the pick, get the cost controlled asset at the draft, and continue to build. I'm not saying it's a tank, but you build through the draft.

Man I'd love to hear all the smack about Sean the wrestler now from our long departed magic man

In theory, yes, but in reality I think it would quickly become unbearable again.

Spending a 2nd round pick on a WR probably won't bring in the WR you think it will. Even if it does, it won't be a young, cost controlled guy that knows our system and play book. Keep the pick, get the cost controlled asset at the draft, and continue to build. I'm not saying it's a tank, but you build through the draft.

The Rams got a pretty good WR very recently for a #2.

He'd ignore all logic and posts that prove him wrong, freak out, and make more repetitively asinine remarks

In theory, yes, but in reality I think it would quickly become unbearable again.

The Rams got a pretty good WR very recently for a #2.

In the offseason. And they gave up a DB for him too

NFL trades are rare, and they're extremely rare in season. There's a reason for that