Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I must be in an extreme minority, but I find absolutely zero interest in seeking out the thoughts of any of these people.  For me Jim Kelly's complete purpose was to throw the football.  Now that those days are gone, his purpose is to remind me of those days.  It probably has a lot to do with me being isolated from the market for close to 20 years now, but it's so much easier to follow the games themselves when I don't need to hear every word that comes out of their mouths, or the mouths of any of the local talking heads.

I am also OK hearing from Jim Kelly about starting and driving the growth of a non-profit that has literally changed healthcare policy and as implemented has probably saved the lives of dozens or hundreds (thousands?) of kids diagnosed with rare genetic diseases who otherwise would not have received treatment. So there is that. 

I also take some level of inspiration from hearing about two time cancer survivors share how they got through it. Maybe it doesn't apply to me but it's an interesting and somewhat courageous life story nonetheless. 

Edited by Sakman

I am also OK hearing from Jim Kelly about starting and driving the growth of a non-profit that has literally changed healthcare policy and as implemented has probably saved the lives of dozens or hundreds (thousands?) of kids diagnosed with rare genetic diseases who otherwise would not have received treatment. So there is that. 

I also take some level of inspiration from hearing about two time cancer survivors share how they got through it. Maybe it doesn't apply to me but it's an interesting and somewhat courageous life story nonetheless. 

The Hunter aspect of his life was definitely overlooked earlier, myself included.  If people want to call him a hypocrite because of his younger life, that's fine.  But I'm willing to bet that this is something that makes a person grow up incredibly fast.  I hope that most haven't had to deal with something even remotely similar.  I'm not going to be naive enough to think that's the case though.

The Hunter aspect of his life was definitely overlooked earlier, myself included.  If people want to call him a hypocrite because of his younger life, that's fine.  But I'm willing to bet that this is something that makes a person grow up incredibly fast.  I hope that most haven't had to deal with something even remotely similar.  I'm not going to be naive enough to think that's the case though.

Of course it does!

BTW, I always assumed that Hunter's Hope was one of those charities that didn't really do much.  Took in money, held a golf tournament, paid a CEO quite a bit, and that's it.  Kind of like Komen.

Sakman's post inspired me to do a little research.  The CEO makes $75K.  Not unreasonable at all.  About 80% of revenues are spent on actual programs, again, perfectly within reason.

I tend not to favor charities whose purposes are "raising awareness," but this one is far from a scam, at least.

Of course it does!

BTW, I always assumed that Hunter's Hope was one of those charities that didn't really do much.  Took in money, held a golf tournament, paid a CEO quite a bit, and that's it.  Kind of like Komen.

Sakman's post inspired me to do a little research.  The CEO makes $75K.  Not unreasonable at all.  About 80% of revenues are spent on actual programs, again, perfectly within reason.

I tend not to favor charities whose purposes are "raising awareness," but this one is far from a scam, at least.

Good to hear, as a father of a special needs son with a rare genetic disorder, good to hear.

Of course it does!

Good to hear, as a father of a special needs son with a rare genetic disorder, good to hear.

Definitely good to hear.

It was still dumb to tell people to leave the country.

Of course it does!

It not only raises awareness, but was instrumental in getting all babies (in NYS at least) tested for several genetic diseases that can have their effects ameliorated by beginning treatment immediately after birth.

Given his track record w/ other ventures there is/was legit reason to be suspicious/cynical but Hunter's Hope is a good one.

This is all more than fair.

Fair, and agreed. The way in which he chose to respond to such a difficult chapter in his family's life is quite admirable.

Of course it does!

So, Komen's a scam, or close to it?

It not only raises awareness, but was instrumental in getting all babies (in NYS at least) tested for several genetic diseases that can have their effects ameliorated by beginning treatment immediately after birth.

Given his track record w/ other ventures there is/was legit reason to be suspicious/cynical but Hunter's Hope is a good one.

I wasn't aware that it is still around.  I guess that's another product of being out of market.

"I think the NFL is in a box; I think they're in a really bad box," he said to reporters while leaving the White House for a trip to Indiana. "You look what's happening with their ratings, frankly, the only thing doing well in the NFL is the pregame because everybody wants to see what's going on.

"You cannot have people disrespecting our national anthem, our flag, our country, and that's what they're doing," Trump said. "And in my opinion, the NFL has to change. Or you know what's going to happen? Their business is going to hell."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20838095/president-donald-trump-says-nfl-very-bad-box-protests-national-anthem

Maybe the NFL should continue to support the Constitution instead of the Flag like the president seems to be advocating

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Eichman 

I have come to believe quite firmly that engaging with POTUS on these matters only serves to feed into what POTUS is trying to accomplish.

I have come to believe quite firmly that engaging with POTUS on these matters only serves to feed into what POTUS is trying to accomplish.

Pretty much.

And calls to mind a cautionary tale about wrestling w/ the resident of a sty. Something about getting yourself dirty & the denizen taking pleasure.

The Bills have a big test Sunday. Best offense we've seen yet. Idk if they can score enough to win.

We'll see if our new defensive scheme is the real deal or not this weekend.

Limit turnovers, play really good defense, and hope Tyrod can connect on a few timely downfield throws. ...and even then, I'm not sure the Bills can win....

I have seen some Bills fans comparing this defense to the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens defenses, and I'm like hold the phone people, we've played Josh McCown who career win % is something like .300, an injured Newton who had shoulder surgery in the off-season and has looked like garbage through 3 games, and a rookie 6th rd pick I believe.  Let's see what they do against the Falcons juggernaut.  If the Bills keep the Falcons under 24, I will start drinking the Kool-aide and call them elite, still wont compare them to the above named defenses however.