Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

I just love the hypocrisy of Jim Kelly, trying to take the "moral high ground" and finishing his pressers with "God bless"

Once upon a time I worked at the Tony Rome's in West Seneca (Now Mooney's) during the year that the Jim Kelly show was hosted in the sports bar.  Pretty much every week a different young lady would head out into his limo with him including one of the waitresses i worked with, I am sure it was just for auto-graphs and Polaroid selfies!

In fairness to Kelly, he led a very different life prior to finding religion. I don't think he'd ever deny that.

I just love the hypocrisy of Jim Kelly, trying to take the "moral high ground" and finishing his pressers with "God bless"

Once upon a time I worked at the Tony Rome's in West Seneca (Now Mooney's) during the year that the Jim Kelly show was hosted in the sports bar.  Pretty much every week a different young lady would head out into his limo with him including one of the waitresses i worked with, I am sure it was just for auto-graphs and Polaroid selfies!

God forbid people are allowed to grow up and change.  I guarantee that not a single one of us here is the same person they were 20+ years ago.  If people's words were completely invalidated based on crazy acts in their past, there would be nothing but meaningless words everywhere.

Sure, I had a look at it after I was linked to it on Twitter. It's a blog authored by both of the daughters -- both of whom are of majority age by now, I should think, for whatever that's worth. 

And I think what's there is worth considering - very much so. Kelly fashions and styles himself as a prominent, leading citizen of WNY and Bills Nation. As such, publicly available information regarding the beliefs he holds and apparently teaches his children is newsworthy, to me.

I've made no secret about the fact that I can, at most, politely abide the cult of personality surrounding Kelly. And I happen to think that the Bills would be better off if he took a step back and kept a lower profile.

I must be in an extreme minority, but I find absolutely zero interest in seeking out the thoughts of any of these people.  For me Jim Kelly's complete purpose was to throw the football.  Now that those days are gone, his purpose is to remind me of those days.  It probably has a lot to do with me being isolated from the market for close to 20 years now, but it's so much easier to follow the games themselves when I don't need to hear every word that comes out of their mouths, or the mouths of any of the local talking heads.

I must be in an extreme minority, but I find absolutely zero interest in seeking out the thoughts of any of these people.  For me Jim Kelly's complete purpose was to throw the football.  Now that those days are gone, his purpose is to remind me of those days.  It probably has a lot to do with me being isolated from the market for close to 20 years now, but it's so much easier to follow the games themselves when I don't need to hear every word that comes out of their mouths, or the mouths of any of the local talking heads.

Isn't this a little harsh? I mean, he was also there to hand the ball off sometimes.

God forbid people are allowed to grow up and change.  I guarantee that not a single one of us here is the same person they were 20+ years ago.  If people's words were completely invalidated based on crazy acts in their past, there would be nothing but meaningless words everywhere.

Yeah, people do change, but we can't just pretend our past didn't happen.  I did things 20 years ago i shouldn't have, under-age drinking for instance.  I'm not going to tell my kids they can't drink until they are 21, because that would make me a hypocrite, I will tell my kids to be responsible as best they can and if they have been drinking that they can call me anytime and i will take care of them, no questions asked.  

You're reading a blog from one of his daughters now?  Have you officially graduated from the bush and binoculars in front of Kim Pegula's house?  I can't say that one would be high up there on the list of things I'd be looking to read.  It's probably about one slot ahead of liger's ranking of his favorite cheeses.

I'm still ticked off about his moving provolone above (heh) White American.

For me Jim Kelly's complete purpose was to throw the football.  Now that those days are gone, his purpose is to remind me of those days.  It probably has a lot to do with me being isolated from the market for close to 20 years now, but it's so much easier to follow the games themselves when I don't need to hear every word that comes out of their mouths, or the mouths of any of the local talking heads.

I would agree that being removed from the market allows you to think and feel differently about ol' Jim.

Recently used Havarti and Goulda. 5/5 would make again. Gruyere is good too.

As the imaginary Sabres player my wife created in 2005 when she could remember neither Briere's nor Grier's name, I agree.

Where is this list? American shouldn't even be included as it's not even actual for cheese.

The Canadian version of the Big Mac jingle agrees.