Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Haha I come in peace. Cut me some slack I was raised a Giants fan by birth. I think I'm the only Sabres/ Giants fan though.

My girlfriend is a Giants fan.  But she also pretends to be a Rangers fan (despite the fact that she cannot name one Ranger).

What's curious is why it bothers you and certain others around here. You're clearly bothered by and intolerant of Christians. There's a word for that.

I'm bothered by a lot of things, people spewing about anything at weird and inappropriate times seems like fair game to me. When I'm at work I don't hear my fellow coworkers tell me that God or Allah or Satan will help them do their jobs. I come from a family steeped in religion, I lost count two decades ago how many of my relatives are missionaries or pastors. They are all great people but know their audience and won't pontificate about their faith unless provoked.

I'm bothered by a lot of things, people spewing about anything at weird and inappropriate times seems like fair game to me. When I'm at work I don't hear my fellow coworkers tell me that God or Allah or Satan will help them do their jobs. I come from a family steeped in religion, I lost count two decades ago how many of my relatives are missionaries or pastors. They are all great people but know their audience and won't pontificate about their faith unless provoked.

So you tolerate Christians as long as they don't outwardly express themselves. Christians don't have to live in the confines in which you or anyone else dictate.

When people demand that gays be in the closet they're accused of being bigots. When people demand that Christians live in a closet they're considered hip/ chic/ en vogue etc.

Christians don't have to keep their faith secret. If aggressive evangelizing offends you then yeah, that's understandable. But someone merly mentioning their faith?

Do you get upset with gay pride parades and rainbow flags all over the place? Should they live in secrecy? Why should Christians? Because you don't like Christians. Furthermore, you're emboldened because Christians normally don't call you or others on your intolerance.

I just want to talk about hockey with other Sabres fans and it stinks that I even have to address this seemingly every couple of months. But so long as people like you take your potshots, I'll continue to point out the hypocricy.

It's the head coach of the team. I don't care what his personal opinions are on, well, anything other than football, regardless of religion or sexual orientation. He could be saying the same thing about any other religion, and I'd still be annoyed. 

Per Tom Martin at Channel 4: "McDermott's biggest source of optimism is 'the good Lord above.'"

I want nothing more than for this guy to disabuse me of the bias I apparently harbour in this regard (which I've discussed here at some length).

I just hope he blames God at the end of the season when we finish 6-10.

Remember the outrage over Stevie Johnson?

Yes and it was awesome. It's about time he starts getting some blame.

Can we please lay off the Jesus thing with McDermott? He never said that the Bills will win because Jesus wants them to. He said that he is optimistic because he finds strength in the big man up top. That's a big difference.

Also, let's face some facts. The Patriots obviously have Satan on their side, so if it takes some divine intervention on the side of good, tapping into Jesus' good mojo in order for us to win, then I'm all for it. Quite frankly, I'm pretty sure that that is what it is going to take for us to reach the playoffs, let alone win the Super Bowl.

As a devout Satanist I'm offended by this post. The dark one does not root for massholes. He told me himself over beers the other day.

Edited by Drunkard

So you tolerate Christians as long as they don't outwardly express themselves. Christians don't have to live in the confines in which you or anyone else dictate.

When people demand that gays be in the closet they're accused of being bigots. When people demand that Christians live in a closet they're considered hip/ chic/ en vogue etc.

Christians don't have to keep their faith secret. If aggressive evangelizing offends you then yeah, that's understandable. But someone merly mentioning their faith?

Do you get upset with gay pride parades and rainbow flags all over the place? Should they live in secrecy? Why should Christians? Because you don't like Christians. Furthermore, you're emboldened because Christians normally don't call you or others on your intolerance.

I just want to talk about hockey with other Sabres fans and it stinks that I even have to address this seemingly every couple of months. But so long as people like you take your potshots, I'll continue to point out the hypocricy.

+1

I think I hate hypocrisy more than anything.  It is so pervasive in today's society on all sides.

Stop comparing yourself to people that actually get discriminated against.

Have parades, go sit in circles and sing kumbayah, I don't care. I just don't understand his NEED to bring it up when talking about his job. The agenda with which you speak from is annoying

An attempt at a makepeace from a fairly faithful person, myself:

Saratoga, ink doesn't care whether you're religious or what religion you practice.  We've got a couple of members here who are quite religious and who talk about their religion fairly often, and I've never seen him have a problem with them in the 12 years I've been hanging around here (I need a life). We also have a religion thread somewhere.  I've hung out with him in person numerous times.  He's very much an "I live my life; you live yours; no judgments" kind of guy.  I won't speak for him, but my bet is that he is happy for you if you find happiness in Christianity.

His problem is with the coach constantly putting his religion on display.  I kind of get where he's coming from; I get pretty annoyed myself when athletes publicly thank God for their team's victory, as if God cared one whit about who wins whatever game.  (The corollary to that would be an athlete blaming God for a loss, which is equally ridiculous, and is why I referenced Stevie Johnson above.)

I suspect that if the coach were a gay man, and constantly referred to that aspect of his persona during press conferences, ink would have a similar distaste.

I hope I haven't added fuel to the fire.

So the Jones trade, the Rambo signing, anyone wanna talk football?

Edited by Eleven

I'll be rooting hard against the Chiefs... and possibly Bills. Time for a Billls tank

Please, for the love of God, this has to stop. (sorry to bring up religion again)

Edited by SwampD