Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Trying to remember how long it's been since I was one of the people that would get really excited or upset in real time during the NFL draft.

It's all total guesswork. The Patriots have a dynasty because they accidentally drafted the beat QB of all time in the 6th round.

Bills first two picks sound good and the third one sounds ok. Let me know when we take a QB.

I guess I'll just disagree, as everything i read about this draft was that is was deep through the second (though like you said that is more like mid 3rd).  But we used our 5th rounders to move up. 5th rounders are truly a crapshoot and rarely turn into anything.  

But anyways, statistics are one thing, individual results are another.  If our two second rounders turn out to be good, then it was a great move and they were right.  If they dont turn out to be anything better than what was picked later, then they follow the trend of not making the right move.

But its individual results, not statistics that end up mattering.  And each draft has a ton of examples of good trades and moving up.  So calling the coach an idiot for targeting two players they likely could not have gotten at their other draft picks, just because the chances are they are wrong, is silly imo.

But still.  We went into the draft with 7 picks I believe.  We are leaving with 6 picks, but that was with an extra one being made in the second.  Oh and we  also got a first rounder for next year.  I think it was great and it wasn't idiotic.  

First bold: This is nonsense logic.  By that argument, you can't ever criticize a trade because you don't know how the players will turn out, which is patently ridiculous.

Second bold: You're making assumptions here and it doesn't help your argument at all.

Third bold: We entered with the fewest picks in the draft, six.  That's why day 1 was so good.  We traded back, still got a great player (#2 rated CB by PFF) in a need position, and earned 2 extra picks in the process.  Then day 2 happened.  Trading away draft capital when we don't have much to begin with just to move up a few spots when we have several holes to fill and players available at our original positions?  Stupid.

Not a fan of this pick. Not at all.

I think they're gonna slide him in at safety.

Btw, in today's episode of "Buffalo gets no respect," fans wait three hours for their first pick of the day, and both ESPN and NFLN are on commercial for their pick. A little annoying. I had my brother wake me up from a nap for this.

Edited by sodbuster