Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Have a feeling it's McCoy or Benjamin

McCoy has been out there practicing with the pro bowlers.

Benjamin is a possibility. (If so, GOD, what of the fact that he played on a busted up knee?!)

Taylor could be a possibility too. That concussion against JAX was terrifying.

Maybe Wood is retiring or injured. 

WGR thinks it is Wood, Tyrod, or Benjamin because they are unaccounted for. McCoy has been at the probowl. 

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Top-6-observations-from-the-Senior-Bowl/6392a129-33cf-4c9e-ba47-389425809ebb

Senior Bowl write up with a nice shout out to Isiah Wynn of Georgia. A good player I would draft.  

McCoy has been out there practicing with the pro bowlers.

Benjamin is a possibility. (If so, GOD, what of the fact that he played on a busted up knee?!)

Taylor could be a possibility too. That concussion against JAX was terrifying.

My first thought was Benjamin because of the knee. But good call on Tyrod. For his sake, I hope not.

Taylor seems like the most logical candidate -- that hit he took at the end of the JAX game was ferocious.

OTOH

Wasn't Taylor at a loud, bright NBA game just days after the Jacksonville game?  

This is a good point.

Yet OTOH, those head traumas can be weird. Delayed. And so on.

Bills’ center Eric Wood’s career-ending neck injury is partly due to wear and tear, but one source characterized it as a “complicated medical situation.”

Gah. I really, truly hope that it's a situation that becomes much less complicated once he stops playing ball.

That sucks for him and for the team. Thurman Merman was usually one of the most reliable offensive lineman. In hindsight I guess stockpiling all those picks was a good thing. They've got to replace some guys like Wood, Dareus, and probably Kyle Williams and they could definitely use some upgrades in the trenches.

Edited by Alkoholist

I'm hoping first and foremost that they caught this injury early enough in his life that the long term effects are as minor as possible. Hoping it was something they identified in his end of year physical and not something trauma related.

That said, the Bills were getting older on Offensive line and were going to need to draft there in the next few year anyways. Groy has played well as a replacement player, but this adds another hole to fill that we didn't have a few weeks ago. Also, his veteran leadership presence is probably understated by Bills fans but he was a hell of a guy and one I always rooted for as a Bills fan.

I'm hoping first and foremost that they caught this injury early enough in his life that the long term effects are as minor as possible. Hoping it was something they identified in his end of year physical and not something trauma related.

That said, the Bills were getting older on Offensive line and were going to need to draft there in the next few year anyways. Groy has played well as a replacement player, but this adds another hole to fill that we didn't have a few weeks ago. Also, his veteran leadership presence is probably understated by Bills fans but he was a hell of a guy and one I always rooted for as a Bills fan.

I was diagnosed with a neck injury as part of my season-ending physical with the Bills. After consultation with Dr. Cappuccino and other physicians, I was informed that I was no longer cleared to play football, even with surgery or further treatment.