Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

"Here is the gist of it: If an NFL prospect scores at least a 26 on the Wonderlic test, starts at least 27 games in his college career and completes at least 60 percent of his passes, there's a good chance he will succeed at the NFL level."

:lol:

"Since 1998, these are some of the NFL quarterbacks who aced all three parts of the Rule of 26-27-60: Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Matt Schaub, Kyle Orton, Kevin Kolb, Matt Ryan, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Stafford.

Meanwhile, among the once highly-touted prospects who failed at least one part of the formula: Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Michael Vick, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Daunte Culpepper, David Carr, Vince Young and JaMarcus Russell."

:lol: :lol:

Edited by Jokertecken

If a student did this level of research for a paper, I'd probably fail them.

I spent minutes googling that!! (I know you are referencing the link) :unsure:

No offense Ink, but that might actually be the worst article I've ever read

Hey I didn't write it

Completion percentage means nothing for drafting a QB. You can look it up if you want, but it doesn't translate at all to NFL success

Accuracy matters, but it's really not measured super well by completion percentage. So much is contextual based upon the offense and what types of throws QBs are asked to make. And I still go back to the notion that nobody has a damn clue how to evaluate QBs. Deshaun Watston doesn't have an NFL arm. Russell Wilson too short. Kyle Boller can throw from his knees though! Once upon a time the scouting community was split on Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.

When it comes to projecting college QBs to the NFL, everyone is an idiot.

I spent minutes googling that!! (I know you are referencing the link) :unsure:

Hey I didn't write it

Yea, sorry, see my edit. I was insulting the article, not you :)

Accuracy matters, but it's really not measured super well by completion percentage. So much is contextual based upon the offense and what types of throws QBs are asked to make. And I still go back to the notion that nobody has a damn clue how to evaluate QBs. Deshaun Watston doesn't have an NFL arm. Russell Wilson too short. Kyle Boller can throw from his knees though! Once upon a time the scouting community was split on Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf.

When it comes to projecting college QBs to the NFL, everyone is an idiot.

Yea, sorry, see my edit. I was insulting the article, not you :)

:thumbsup: Well said 

In other news, this super bowl will suck and I don't feel the need to watch, therfore I'll try not to. The most insufferable franchise vs the worst fan base... Maybe they'll all just kill each other.

I am actively cheering for Bane to be real. Please, just let the field collapse and swallow everybody.

Oh no you didnt LMAfAO...

I made it myself! It kinda makes me want to set up one of those click-baitey boredpanda.com style things "Top 5 scoring tandems in the NFL -- you won't believe who's number 1!" Start off with Young/Rice, Kelly/Reed, etc.

Edited by MattiPaj

I knew that would be a thing. Not a good look. Another shot had one of the refs going over to Bill Belichik and yukking it up.

I hope this year's Super Bowl ratings are the lowest in recorded history. Maybe the league will instruct the refs to call fair games next season.

On a side note, I definitely miss the replacement refs. They screwed the pooch on plenty of calls, but it felt like everyone got screwed equally and there was less of the MFT's nonsense.

Edited by Alkoholist

I knew that would be a thing. Not a good look. Another shot had one of the refs going over to Bill Belichik and yukking it up.

Sure makes ya wonder ... in a down ratings year with lots of empty seats, who would the NFL rather see in the big game. Brady or Bortles ?