GDT: Buffalo at NY Rangers 7:00 pm ET, 1/3/2017, NBCSN

Doohickie

I'm just looking for improvement out of the the players who need to be improving.

If Eichel wants to bitch about the Sabres level of effort then he needs to set the example.  Gliding behind plays, stupid passes into covered areas, and weak puck play along the boards is not the best example.

If he wants to be the leader, then he needs to show it.  So, I'd like to see Eichel, Reinhart, and Ristolainen put this team on their backs and say.. this is how we are going to play.

The Sabres somehow seem to rise the occasion when playing upper tier teams, well some times they do.  I have a feeling that this is going to be one of those times.

Angry, Eich will be there and I expect a hattie from the red head ... so long as someone can get him the puck.

GO SABRES!!

I'm just looking for improvement out of the the players who need to be improving.

If Eichel wants to bitch about the Sabres level of effort then he needs to set the example. Gliding behind plays, stupid passes into covered areas, and weak puck play along the boards is not the best example.

If he wants to be the leader, then he needs to show it. So, I'd like to see Eichel, Reinhart, and Ristolainen put this team on their backs and say.. this is how we are going to play.

I hear you and Eichel has said as much also, expects more from himself. Question is, how much has to do with his injury. Everything you mentioned (besides the passing) takes barring down, will his leg even allow it? I'm thinking no and i'd rather have Jack at 75% than not at all. JMO Edited by Murray's Rats

And Girgs is 6'2"!

I know that feeling.  I ran into Shawn Bradley (then of the Dallas Mavericks) in a restaurant once.  When he stood up from his chair, he just.... kept.... standing..... up until he hit is full 7'-6" height.  (And I'm 6'-2" as well.)

I hear you and Eichel has said as much also, expects more from himself. Question is, how much has to do with his injury. Everything you mentioned (besides the passing) takes barring down, will his leg even allow it? I'm thinking no and i'd rather have Jack at 75% than not at all. JMO

Eichel was called out in a game a few weeks ago about not hustling back and then proceeded to show some serious skating the next game to make up for it.  I don't think he's feeling it that much.  I think he's there physically, just not mentally.

He can burn, he's just not choosing too.  And I hope he expects more from himself.. I've no doubt he's every bit the competitor we want him to be... I just want to see it.

He can burn, he's just not choosing too.  And I hope he expects more from himself.. I've no doubt he's every bit the competitor we want him to be... I just want to see it.

He's shown he has the ability.  I think that when he was in college he was so much better/faster than the competition, that he could spend much of the game gliding around, waiting for that moment when a burst of speed would result in a big play.  He's basically doing the same thing at the NHL level, but the NHL game is faster and I think it gets away from him when he's in glide mode so it looks like he's being lazy (and maybe that's entirely the correct term for it), when he has the ability to be a bigger part of the play.

I also wonder if DD has told him:  "Jack, play your own game."  And Eichel just hasn't adjusted it adequately to NHL speed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.