2017 World Junior Championships

Brawndo

Boy, that silver medal goes real nice with red and black.

Fans booing American player of the game. Stay classy, Canadians.

(If the reverse happens next year, I'm totally booing)

Everyone in Canada is crapping themselves because USA hockey is slowly closing the gap.

Edited by Claude Balls

Eyooooo.

Hey Canadians, how does it feel when your kids lose to a country in which hockey is like the 10th sport that kids choose to play, when it's all you guys ever do?BTW, I'm just messing around. Love you guys <3

it's OK, were fine with it, your players will be honored that their win was mentioned on page 8 of the sports page in the local newspaper.

There was definitely booing. The dildos were in the crowd wearing red.

yeah, the crowd was from Quebec and I did see some wearing Montreal jerseys......

yeah but next year it will be the opposite because the home teams refs are always biased to the home team to make sure they win.

Yeah, that's why Russia won gold in Buffalo in 2011. It's different when it's played in Canada.

it's OK, were fine with it, your players will be honored that their win was mentioned on page 8 of the sports page in the local newspaper.yeah, the crowd was from Quebec and I did see some wearing Montreal jerseys......

Do you think any of these players give a what the Canadian papers have to say about anything? They weren't playing for Canada.

Canadian announcers, Canadian hockey analysts, and a whole hockey forum full of Canadians talking about how ridiculous it is that US is getting the textbook called strictly against them in the same game Canada gets away with murder. The two Canadian Sabrespace posters, however, will not let these daunting figures get in the way of their quest for truth. The game was even! Canada only lost because they were the worse team in an even game, they didn't lose in a game that was handed to them on a silver platter! 

ah, OK, so the referee home ice advantage is only for Canada's team? Get real, the reffing was no different then any other game. There were calls and no calls that could be debated either way

And an example of how regularly biased international officiating is for Team Canada. This game was normal to their fans. The way it always goes. Nothing different to see in this one! 

Canadian announcers, Canadian hockey analysts, and a whole hockey forum full of Canadians talking about how ridiculous it is that US is getting the textbook called strictly against them in the same game Canada gets away with murder. The two Canadian Sabrespace posters, however, will not let these daunting figures get in the way of their quest for truth. The game was even! Canada only lost because they were the worse team in an even game, they didn't lose in a game that was handed to them on a silver platter!

that's funny cause the Canadian announcers were talking about how well the officials did calling an even game for both sides and even tsn just said it too, after showing a Canadian getting taken down on a scoring chance late in the game.

But yeah, it was a screw job by the refs to hold the US back and give the game to Canada.

Yeah, that's why Russia won gold in Buffalo in 2011. It's different when it's played in Canada.

Do you think any of these players give a ###### what the Canadian papers have to say about anything? They weren't playing for Canada.

American papers, in Canada even the loss will make the front pages

Maybe south of the Mason-Dixon line it won't be much of a story, but it won't be buried in any papers from the upper Midwest, Great Lakes or Northeast regions.

And they just said on NHL Network that the number one story trending in the United States right now is the gold medal won by team USA in the 2017 WJC. But your right, no one here cares. Nice reach there.

Edited by Claude Balls

So did I. Just heard them say the score during the Sabres game. I thought I heard them wrong.

#### that spawn of Satan, Kenny Albert, & the horse he rode in on. Had watched the 1st oeriod of the WJC's, then the 1st 2 periods of the Sabres game. And that friggin' power tool says right after the Sabres Okposo powerplay starts "& in Montreal, it's 4-4 between the US & Canada." Stupid ####, sone people are actually trying to watch both games. :censored:

So, because spawn of kinky biter is announcing the Sabres game, stuck w/ this one to the end rather than switching back to the Sabres after the 2nd. And then saw the Sabres score w/ 1:15 left in OT. :censored: :censored:

Southpark killed the wrong Kenny. :angry:

#### that spawn of Satan, Kenny Albert, & the horse he rode in on. Had watched the 1st oeriod of the WJC's, then the 1st 2 periods of the Sabres game. And that friggin' power tool says right after the Sabres Okposo powerplay starts "& in Montreal, it's 4-4 between the US & Canada." Stupid ####, sone people are actually trying to watch both games. :censored:

So, because spawn of kinky biter is announcing the Sabres game, stuck w/ this one to the end rather than switching back to the Sabres after the 2nd. And then saw the Sabres score w/ 1:15 left in OT. :censored: :censored:

Southpark killed the wrong Kenny. :angry:

Lol

that's funny cause the Canadian announcers were talking about how well the officials did calling an even game for both sides and even tsn just said it too, after showing a Canadian getting taken down on a scoring chance late in the game.

But yeah, it was a screw job by the refs to hold the US back and give the game to Canada.

Yeah I'm sure Randall saw the Canadian get hauled down going to the net at around 6 minutes left in overtime. No whining from us on that play. It all evens out in the end. Terrific game played by both sides. One of the better finals I've watched and the better team won. Congrats to you'ze guys. We'll get you next year when all the calls go against us :P

Check out the replies to Matthews Tweet.

Those Toronto Fans are going to run him off

https://mobile.twitter.com/AM34/status/817224658718171138

Some examples

@AM34 Don't forget Matthews, you wear a Maple Leaf on your chest. Better tuck that arrogance in a bit before the hometown crowd turns on you

@Observeman24 @AM34 I'll trade him for a bag of pucks. it throw him on waivers

Never change Toronto, never change

Check out the replies to Matthews Tweet.

Those Toronto Fans are going to run him off

https://mobile.twitter.com/AM34/status/817224658718171138

Some examples

@AM34 Don't forget Matthews, you wear a Maple Leaf on your chest. Better tuck that arrogance in a bit before the hometown crowd turns on you

@Observeman24 @AM34 I'll trade him for a bag of pucks. ###### it throw him on waivers

Never change Toronto, never change

Pretty amusing stuff. I'd like to think those tweets are from a vocal tiny minority of Leaf fans, but - who knows.

Hey - it'd be glorious if that dynamic were to somehow chase Matthews out of TO.

Maybe south of the Mason-Dixon line it won't be much of a story, but it won't be buried in any papers from the upper Midwest, Great Lakes or Northeast regions.

And they just said on NHL Network that the number one story trending in the United States right now is the gold medal won by team USA in the 2017 WJC. But your right, no one here cares. Nice reach there.

Not one person I know outside of sabrespace even knows what this tournament is.

Are the officials all Canadian ? 

So next year in Buffalo if the U.S. wins it's not really legit cause ' officials '.

I've watched the world juniors for many years and I've never heard of the home town advantage. 

Please, we all know the fans will be Canadian there as well.

The officiating was horrible and early on there were some seriously screwed up no calls or calls.  The first goal should never have happened due to the tackle that occurred behind the Canada net.  The "cross-check" was also quite obviously a horrible call.  Jaffe wanted to admit it but had to cage his statement.

They blew calls everywhere.. some were much more obvious than others.  

Great game overall though... man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.