2017 World Junior Championships

Brawndo

Blatant hold by Canada in front of their own net conveniently "missed".

Blatant hold by Canada in front of their own net conveniently "missed".

come on. You guys have blinders on. you're not seeing anything untoward by the U.S. ? 

What has been a fantastic game will be remembered for at least on this board , a bunch of whiney kids. Unreal.

come on. You guys have blinders on. you're not seeing anything untoward by the U.S. ?

What has been a fantastic game will be remembered for at least on this board , a bunch of whiney kids. Unreal.

The announcers don't agree with you even, and they're not exactly partial to the US. Edited by Woods-Racer

Well, at least you didn't deny it was a blatant hold that didn't get called.

Blue be real. You haven't seen anything by your boys that they've gotten away with ? I've seen stuff let go on both sides. A knee on knee hit has to be called. A puck shot over the glass has to be called. This is the stuff the conspiracy nuts are complaining about. Win or lose this goes down for me as one of the best finals I've seen in the world juniors. Its that simple. And if you know hockey it goes both ways.

Blue be real. You haven't seen anything by your boys that they've gotten away with ? I've seen stuff let go on both sides. A knee on knee hit has to be called. A puck shot over the glass has to be called. This is the stuff the conspiracy nuts are complaining about. Win or lose this goes down for me as one of the best finals I've seen in the world juniors. Its that simple. And if you know hockey it goes both ways.

it's always a conspiracy/screw job against them when 'Mercia isn't winning.....

it's always a conspiracy/screw job against them when 'Mercia isn't winning.....

"Home teams get calls" isn't conspiracy. It's just how officials in sports work. 

Are the officials all Canadian ? 

So next year in Buffalo if the U.S. wins it's not really legit cause ' officials '.

I've watched the world juniors for many years and I've never heard of the home town advantage. 

It has nothing to do with nationality, it's basic human psychology with pressure and noise and whatnot. There's a reason sports books give home teams an edge, all else equal. 

It has nothing to do with nationality, it's basic human psychology with pressure and noise and whatnot. There's a reason sports books give home teams an edge, all else equal.

that has nothing to do with influence of officials, it has to do with the crowd being behind the home team and in most sports, the home team getting advantages like last change

that has nothing to do with influence of officials, it has to do with the crowd being behind the home team and in most sports, the home team getting advantages like last change

This is 100% incorrect. The crowd being behind the home team influences officials. It's not conscious, it's not conspiracy, it's just how it works.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.