Pick Your Next Head Coach

WildCard

I honestly can't say I have a name, but I hope some team does something incredibly stupid and a good coach shakes loose (like last year when Anaheim fired Boudreau). Any chance Nashville fires Laviolette? Probably not, but something like that is my hope.

Barring that, give me an assistant from a team like Pittsburgh that plays a 2016-style possession game, or head coach at a lower level who knows how to execute previously mentioned possession game. I want speed (the real kind, not the Bylsma fast stretch pass kind) and an active blue line.

1. Bob Boughner Asst Coach with San Jose

2. David Quinn HC for BU

3. Kris Knoblauch HC Erie

4. Todd Richards, with hesitation though, CBJ stopped playing for him last year

Why the BU guy? Has he done anything without Jack?

Erie coach worries me simply because of the massive amount of talent they always seem to have.

I like the SJ thought, anything more on him or how SJ plays? I don't really watch them

London Knights always have a good program. Who's their HC?

How has nobody poached an AC from Chicago? In general hockey teams don't seem to take other teams ACs. Are they useless?

Edited by WildCard

Why the BU guy? Has he done anything without Jack?

Erie coach worries me simply because of the massive amount of talent they always seem to have.

I like the SJ thought, anything more on him or how SJ plays? I don't really watch them

London Knights always have a good program. Who's their HC?

How has nobody poached an AC from Chicago? In general hockey teams don't seem to take other teams ACs. Are they useless?

Take exception to the *massive amount of talent* he has always had (Knoblough). Remember his *talent* has rotated every 2 years. He has found ways to win and to get the most out of that talent in the  revolving door of players that is the OHL. Love to have a coach that could do the same with our talent.

My pick for head coach is Terry Murray and make it so ASAP.

Then do a due diligent search come the off season.

Take exception to the *massive amount of talent* he has always had (Knoblough). Remember his *talent* has rotated every 2 years. He has found ways to win and to get the most out of that talent in the revolving door of players that is the OHL. Love to have a coach that could do the same with our talent.

My pick for head coach is Terry Murray and make it so ASAP.

Then do a due diligent search come the off season.

I mean, how long has he been there? What's his record? He had multiple years of McDavid and Stroke

I mean, how long has he been there? What's his record? He had multiple years of McDavid and Stroke

Yes, he has 1 great player and a second outstanding player. But the is no way for the teams successes because  each of these players was an Otter. Takes more than a player to make a run like this:

http://ottershockey.com/kris_knoblauch

Edited by Woods-Racer

Yes, he has 1 great player and a second outstanding player. But the is no way for the teams successes because each of these players was an Otter. Takes more than a player to make a run like this:

http://ottershockey.com/kris_knoblauch

So he started in 2012, and so did McDavid. He's had McDavid and/or Strome every year he's been in the league besides this year, where he is 24-6. Maybe he is a good HC, but I don't want to take a flyer on him Edited by WildCard

So he started in 2012, and so did McDavid. He's had McDavid and/or Strome every year he's been in the league besides this year, where he is 24-6. Maybe he is a good HC, but I don't want to take a flyer on him

Erie wasn't his first gig, the WHL was,  where he won WHL championship.

You want new and fresh or old and recycled?

I want new and fresh that can coach the highest of talent the game has ever seen.

Dale Hunter, and he's about 300x worse than Bylsma. Dude wasted two years of Ovechkin's prime.

Ahhh yes, now I remember him. So hard pass on that

Erie wasn't his first gig, the WHL was, where he won WHL championship.

You want new and fresh or old and recycled?

I want new and fresh that can coach the highest of talent the game has ever seen.

I'd rather have proven and experience with this young team honestly

No thanks to Laviolette, personally.

Look into toronto's AHL coach, I've heard some good things. In general, just look for a better system.

Just wondering why. I really wanted him to take the place of Lindy years ago, to many jeers around here. He only ended up leading them to the SC finals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.