The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Would drivers please pretty please stop giving up the right of way and waving me to proceed? I don't get it. I hate to stare them down and most of the time tick them off, but I will not allow anothet driver to drive my car for me.

I give them an emphatic thumbs down and they get the idea 

2 hours ago, Marvin said:

What does it mean when I would rather watch bad Sabres hockey over another second of 2024 election news?  I used to follow both with some intensity.  Now, the Sabres are sometimes borderline unbearable -- but I find it preferable to just the news, especially the election.

It means you’re human. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

It means you’re human. 

I really needed that.  I was starting to wonder what kind of mental illness caused that kind of masochism.  Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Would drivers please pretty please stop giving up the right of way and waving me to proceed? I don't get it. I hate to stare them down and most of the time tick them off, but I will not allow anothet driver to drive my car for me.

My newest pet peeve.  Just follow the frickin right of way rules.  You mess everyone up at the intersection.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I hate it even more when I’m on foot, so that’s usually in parking lots. Car, you’re going to clear out of my way much faster than I’ll be out of yours. Just go and everyone’s being more efficient. 

7 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Put your head down on the wheel like you're taking a snooze.  They'll figure it out.

I love April Wine.  Good Canadian band from Halifax.

This song came out when I was in grade 7 (that's 7th grade in Yankee talk) in 1977.  I was not even a teen yet (12 - turned 13 that October).

I had my first little girlfriend that year - meaning that we hung out at school that school year.  It was great.

By the time the end of the year dance came along ...

I was at a loss as to what happened.  Finally she told me that she was moving just a few blocks, but she would be going to a different school in the fall.  She told me that this was easier for both of us.  I said screw that.  She was moving just before school started the next September so we had a great summer.

Years later - high school graduation time (18) we ran into each other.  I was still very fond of her, but we both had moved on with our lives, but I did not have another girlfriend until I was 15.

She told me that she was staying with her aunt and uncle since her family moved to Israel.  She refused to go since she would have to do 2 years in the army.  She told me she did not want to torment or kill Palestinians.  I loved her when I was 12, I suppose, but didn't understand it.  I definately loved her at 18 when she told me that.  I love her today even though I have not seen her or talked with her since that day.

At close to 60, I am thinking of all these random things these days.

I won't bore you with all of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Another fun fact about the song above - Myles Goodwyn wrote it when he was in highschool (16 in 1964) and his first little sweetie would not dance with him.  He talked about it a lot later in his career and he thought it was sappy, but it was a pretty big hit here in Canada in 1977.  States too, I think.

RIP Myles.

30 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Thorny, are you going to be in town, as well?

Nope, just her and her social media gal. 

Unfortunately I can’t be there this time. Got rejected on account of being too un-fashionable

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2