The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Driving myself crazy just sitting around lately so I decided to code a game. Found a tutorial and am making a hockey version of space invaders. Feels good

Awesome! What are you writing in? I'm curious how the kids get on these days. The last thing I wrote was in Python2 using gedit on LInux. I just installed emacs on the Windows PC in a fit of nostailgia. I'm not sure I'd actually use it for real these days since I'm so rusty.

Driving myself crazy just sitting around lately so I decided to code a game. Found a tutorial and am making a hockey version of space invaders. Feels good

Cool, man! 

Lemme know if you ever want extra art to go with that :) Always wanted to make hockey related games, but i still lack the coding know how. 

Awesome! What are you writing in? I'm curious how the kids get on these days. The last thing I wrote was in Python2 using gedit on LInux. I just installed emacs on the Windows PC in a fit of nostailgia. I'm not sure I'd actually use it for real these days since I'm so rusty.

Writing in Java, using Eclipse Mars. I think a lot of my friends still use emacs

As far as the material, here are a ton of tutorials

http://zetcode.com/

Cool, man! 

Lemme know if you ever want extra art to go with that :) Always wanted to make hockey related games, but i still lack the coding know how. 

Will do! It's funny cause all I have right now is a crappy white background and the old pixelated Sabres player numark used to use. 

Btw, check out that link above. I know you wanted to learn programming awhile back. That's a nice site to start with 

Writing in Java, using Eclipse Mars. I think a lot of my friends still use emacs

As far as the material, here are a ton of tutorials

http://zetcode.com/

Will do! It's funny cause all I have right now is a crappy white background and the old pixelated Sabres player numark used to use. 

Btw, check out that link above. I know you wanted to learn programming awhile back. That's a nice site to start with 

Awesome. Thanks! 

Yeah, at my old job, before really went south, we would have game jams; everyone would mockup an idea for a game. The only stuff that ever was taken seriously was if it was 1) a rogue like 2) involved skeletons or Lovecraftian horror. Which are all cool, but... every other idea usually got laughed at. I had a few ideas with hockey players, was told I was an idiot and should stick to "girl stuff" (note- i was the main designer for our "boy" properties, tmnt, power rangers at the time).

We lost a contract to another company to even make a hockey style game because the bosses decided sports and people who like sports are stupid. Game went on to do the best on the site and led to a whole sports series, and I had to listen to them kvetch about how they could've done better. So I just put Casey Jones in every game I could instead!

Ugh, getting mad again... 

but yeah, if you ever wanna make a quickplay or try your hand at an app, lemme know! 

Idk what's killed this place, honestly, but something has

Personally, it's tough to waste time worrying about a substandard (but looking up) hockey team where there are so many other things to worry about. I'm toying with buying some tickets in Ottawa towards the end of the season so I have a good excuse to cross the border. You know, just in case.

I hear some rumors that the US Marshalls are refusing to serve warrants to CBP because the US AG says not to. That's not how this works, I really hope there's still a functioning Judicial Branch in a week if that's true. Mostly for Eleven's sake. :)

Edited by MattPie

This place needs a coroner to announce it DOA. Blocking the discussion of politics right after the most polarizing person in decades (or even longer) enters the White House sure looks like a bad decision. But hey, at least we're all happy go lucky now, right?

Idk what's killed this place, honestly, but something has

Maybe that perception is a function of frequency of usage, or maybe preference for certain content.

I'm here now and then -- mostly to talk hockey, but, yeah, for some lulz as well -- and the place seems fine to me.

Wasn't there just a 17-page GDT?

Maybe that perception is a function of frequency of usage, or maybe preference for certain content.

I'm here now and then -- mostly to talk hockey, but, yeah, for some lulz as well -- and the place seems fine to me.

Wasn't there just a 17-page GDT?

All I know is I basically read every post on here with the exception of a few threads (Star Wars, Whiskey, etc.) that I just mark as read after reading all the others. Usually that takes a good while, especially when I go a few days without logging in. It hardly takes me any time now and no political discussion is a big reason why. There's a reason that was the biggest thread by far despite others being years older.

I find myself having to go to other boards (HFboards and the official BBMB mostly) just to read new content. The problem is those boards are no where near as good as this board, especially when this board had a politics thread.

Edited by Drunkard

This place needs a coroner to announce it DOA. Blocking the discussion of politics right after the most polarizing person in decades (or even longer) enters the White House sure looks like a bad decision. But hey, at least we're all happy go lucky now, right?

SABRESPACE WILL BE FINE!

Awesome. Thanks!

Yeah, at my old job, before ###### really went south, we would have game jams; everyone would mockup an idea for a game. The only stuff that ever was taken seriously was if it was 1) a rogue like 2) involved skeletons or Lovecraftian horror. Which are all cool, but... every other idea usually got laughed at. I had a few ideas with hockey players, was told I was an idiot and should stick to "girl stuff" (note- i was the main designer for our "boy" properties, tmnt, power rangers at the time).

We lost a contract to another company to even make a hockey style game because the bosses decided sports and people who like sports are stupid. Game went on to do the best on the site and led to a whole sports series, and I had to listen to them kvetch about how they could've done better. So I just put Casey Jones in every game I could instead!

Ugh, getting mad again...

but yeah, if you ever wanna make a quickplay or try your hand at an app, lemme know!

I don't know what a quickplay is, but I'd love to learn. I do want to make an app next

censorship.png?resize=672%2C317