The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

You're a troll and it's self admitted. Reap what you sow. 

I'll defend Hank. This is the kind of nonsense we don't need here.

Absent government involvement, I'd call it any number of other things.

"Moderating" works. "Curating" maybe - but that is probably too high-end a term for this joint and us shlubs.

I'll be watching to see if the moderator of Meet the Press has duct tape and an electric cattle prod.

I'll defend Hank. This is the kind of nonsense we don't need here.

I'll be watching to see if the moderator of Meet the Press has duct tape and an electric cattle prod.

Hank took a snarky shot at d4rk, d4rk took a shot back. I'm not sure why anyone would choose a side as it looks pretty equal to me.

I get ya, but your definition of censor might be a bit too narrow. It doesn't have to be one of Steve Bannon's henchmen sitting at a black ops site.

I guess that's fair. 

In my mind, the word's common usage (or, at least, it's connotation?) is tied to government activity and potential violations of the First Amendment.

Edited by That Aud Smell

My youngest son is stationed inboard the USS Antietam out of Japan.

2 days ago he called me, the ship had run aground. He manned his post in the bowels of the ship in engineering trying to restore propulsion.

While no one was hurt, the damage I'm told is catastrophic. He followed in dads footsteps and early on at least, is acquitting himself quite nicely.

Signed,

A proud dad.

2 days ago he called me, the ship had run aground. He manned his post in the bowels of the ship in engineering trying to restore propulsion.

While no one was hurt, the damage I'm told is catastrophic. He followed in dads footsteps and early on at least, is acquitting himself quite nicely.

Signed,

A proud dad.

You were on a ship that ran aground?

:lol:

That's a pretty crazy story:

Edited by SwampD

Signed,

A proud dad.

Very cool.  I assume Bart Simpson's earring wasn't involved.

Signed,

A proud dad.

Outstanding.

I'm super sensitive to smelling bad. My wife got me a different brand of deodorant, and it ain't working. Around 3 o'clock at work I start smelling like a locker room . So I get home and shower and really go the extra mile to kill the BO. So I had to go back to work. I get home and change and I reek of BO. I realize I never applied any deodorant after the shower. :wallbash:

I'm super sensitive to smelling bad. My wife got me a different brand of deodorant, and it ain't working. Around 3 o'clock at work I start smelling like a locker room . So I get home and shower and really go the extra mile to kill the BO. So I had to go back to work. I get home and change and I reek of BO. I realize I never applied any deodorant after the shower. :wallbash:

I'm lucky that my gym locker is six blocks from work, but I realize that's unique.  When I didn't have a locker six blocks from work, my rule was to keep the following in a bag in my car:

--individually-wrapped wet wipes (the kind you get at barbecue joints but you can get a 50 pack at Walgreens for like $3)

--deodorant

--gold bond

--one of these (they last for YEARS):  https://www.fultonandroark.com/collections/solid-cologne

--extra pair of boxers and extra undershirt

This takes up about a half of a cubic foot of space.  You can do this!

Edited by Eleven

Signed,

A proud dad.

Holy crap! I looked it up- quite the mess!!! 

Glad he's ok- mad respect for running down into a grounded ship. 

This is probably the most random thing i've ever posted on the SS, but after the Sabres game tonight my friends and I switched over to A&E and watched some of "Live PD", pretty much Cops but live. And in a incident in Arizona, the dude who got pulled over had the goat logo on his back window of his car. I think it was a DUI. Thought that was funny and had to share.