The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Looking for exciting first date ideas for Rochester, help me out here SS

Catch a flick at the Little. Go to one of the hip fancy bars. Go to one of the great divey bars. End up at Jay's Diner, ask for Deb, get a great milkshake. Wander the Eastman House/catch a film at the Dryden after a few too many at the Old Toad. Skate at the outdoor rink downtown. Shoot each other at NVP paintball. Climb at Rock Ventures (kinda pricey). Boulder at Red Barn (kinda out of the way). Get food at the Genesee Brew Pub and stare at the waterfalls together. Go jump around the trampoline park in Henrietta. Hit up Lyell Ave for some hookers and heroin. 

Edited by Josie914

Catch a flick at the Little. Go to one of the hip fancy bars. Go to one of the great divey bars. End up at Jay's Diner, ask for Deb, get a great milkshake. Wander the Eastman House/catch a film at the Dryden after a few too many at the Old Toad. Skate at the outdoor rink downtown. Shoot each other at NVP paintball. Climb at Rock Ventures (kinda pricey). Boulder at Red Barn (kinda out of the way). Get food at the Genesee Brew Pub and stare at the waterfalls together. Go jump around the trampoline park in Henrietta. Hit up Lyell Ave for some hookers and heroin.

My cousin is the public relations coordinator for The Little, and he's a huge Sabres fan. So +1 vote for The Little. Catch a movie, then commiserate about hockey with him afterwards while your date feels like an awkward third wheel.

Unless she's a hockey fan.. then maybe an Amerks game??

Edited by EichSnipe

My cousin is the public relations coordinator for The Little, and he's a huge Sabres fan. So +1 vote for The Little. Catch a movie, then commiserate about hockey with him afterwards while your date feels like an awkward third wheel.

Unless she's a hockey fan.. then maybe an Amerks game??

Dude, that sounds like an amazing time. They have so many films I wanna see. 

I always kinda judged dates by well, if we dig doing the same kind of stuff and there's not too much posturing, deal's on. Fancy ass restaurant? No sir, now I just feel guilty- save that for a few dates in or an anniversary. If we can get babbling over coffee, plans kinda just go from there. And the best dates are the ones where you just end up talking for hours somewhere. But keep that backup plan :) 

She is a hockey fan actually. Never been to a Sabres game

But, hookers and heroine is tempting. Not as tempting as hoes and blow though

Josie, good advice. Best dates I've had are like that, though movie dates never go well for me. I'm just wondering if there's anything fun and unique in Rochester. Skating is always a good idea, trampoline park sounds great too

Edited by WildCard

She is a hockey fan actually. Never been to a Sabres game

But, hookers and heroine is tempting. Not as tempting as hoes and blow though

Josie, good advice. Best dates I've had are like that, movie dates never go well for me. I'm just wondering if there's anything fun and unique in Rochester. Skating is always a good idea

If the weather was nicer I'd recommend walking up and down Park Ave/popping into the cafes or shops there or hiking Corbett's Glen- one of my favorite spots. Lots of little waterfalls and a pretty steep hill to clamber up for a cool view. Or wandering the canal down in Pittsford by Schoen's Place. Anything where you can talk, and moving makes things smoother IMO. 

You can skate indoors at the Ritter as well at RIT when it's open. 

But hey- good luck!!! Have fun! 

Edited by Josie914

So a 50 year old man just walked by me in yoga pants/spandex. Maybe they were ski pants given the weather. Regardless, major foul on all accounts.

Looking for exciting first date ideas for Rochester, help me out here SS

Wine tour, Del Lago? I prefer a cozy meal at Proiettis and a band at the Montage. Lots of options.

• 2 weeks later...

The theme music for the "Stuff You Should Know" podcast is the same as a long-running ethics video series my company makes us watch.

:w00t:

I knew that sh!t sounded familiar.... 

I discovered halfway through my morning on Friday that I put my boxers on backwards. Now I'm paranoid I'm going to do it again. 

Yeah, but we got our lease approved that day, so rally boxers more often, plz. I need a good job and women's underwear doesn't really afford the same luxury of possibility... 

:w00t:

I knew that sh!t sounded familiar.... 

Yeah, but we got our lease approved that day, so rally boxers more often, plz. I need a good job and women's underwear doesn't really afford the same luxury of possibility... 

At one point, the company ran some contest where you could be in one of the episodes. If I happened to be in one, I'd so want to be the bad guy. "No, it's OK to charge the wrong customer for this; I still get paid the same either way." or "Just get it out the door before the deadline, we can fix the problems later."

At one point, the company ran some contest where you could be in one of the episodes. If I happened to be in one, I'd so want to be the bad guy. "No, it's OK to charge the wrong customer for this; I still get paid the same either way." or "Just get it out the door before the deadline, we can fix the problems later."

Ren will report you to HR so quick....!

Ren will report you to HR so quick....!

I have to think Ren is in the sights of upper management; she may do the right thing but her employees are running wild. Shows a lack of leadership, they need a new core.

Edited by MattPie

My welding machine finally arrived today. It's a 160a dual voltage IGBT inverter. Runs up to 1/8" rod. They say 5/32" but you're not getting a good weld running 5/32" that low IMO. I've been welding for 25 yrs. I'm certified in SMAW 3G and 4G unlimited thickness and FWAC 3G and 4G unlimited as well. I'm proficient in a few other processes but not tig. My new machine can run tig with some extra gear(iT has some home schooling to do). 25 yrs master on a skill(mine is art) and this is the first welder I've owned. I'm pumped out of my mind to be able do make the things that have been in my head all these years. I've had a design in there for a trebuchet that I have been dying to see in real life. Chunkin some funkin pumpkins!