The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

My wife and I saw the most beautiful crescent moon last night.  It was very low over the trees when she first saw it, so no pics.

It was amazing.

We are now a few days less that 2 moon cycles away from the start of Ramadan.

I / we look forward to it every year and it should be every Muslim's favourite month, but I am really looking forward to Ramadan this year even more than others in the past.

My wife and I saw the most beautiful crescent moon last night.  It was very low over the trees when she first saw it, so no pics.

It was amazing.

We are now a few days less that 2 moon cycles away from the start of Ramadan.

I / we look forward to it every year and it should be every Muslim's favourite month, but I am really looking forward to Ramadan this year even more than others in the past.

Any particular reason? (if you don't mind a curious friend asking :) )

A very frustrated man was brooding at Wegmans audibilizing his frustration over his inability to find the Soda aisle. Knowing this store like the back of my hand, I kindly tell him it's located 5 aisles down on the left. He turns around and immediately starts looking on his right. Smdh.

A very frustrated man was brooding at Wegmans audibilizing his frustration over his inability to find the Soda aisle. Knowing this store like the back of my hand, I kindly tell him it's located 5 aisles down on the left. He turns around and immediately starts looking on his right. Smdh.

Probably a boomer. 

Eh, I had a 20 year old literally do the make two right angles with your thumbs and forefingers to see which one makes an “L” maneuver when I asked him to raise his right hand so as to put him under oath. We are, as a species, a lot dumber than we give ourselves credit for most of the time.

Probably a boomer.

I'd say 60 going on 75.

Eh, I had a 20 year old literally do the make two right angles with your thumbs and forefingers to see which one makes an “L” maneuver when I asked him to raise his right hand so as to put him under oath. We are, as a species, a lot dumber than we give ourselves credit for most of the time.

You are a judge? Or a bailiff?

Out of the seemingly hundreds of different medicines we've given my child in the past decade, there has been only one that actually worked and has done what is supposed to do,... melatonin.

Praise Jebus.

THC not working anymore?

Woke up late this morning. Evidently I didn't set my alarm. Bolted out of bed, showered, got dressed, took care of the dog, packed my lunch and hit the door. Made it to work on time. Burst in to a surprised colleague, who was quite curious as to why I was there. Looked at the schedule, I'm not supposed to be working today, which I knew last night and is why I did not set my alarm. Awesome morning...

Woke up late this morning. Evidently I didn't set my alarm. Bolted out of bed, showered, got dressed, took care of the dog, packed my lunch and hit the door. Made it to work on time. Burst in to a surprised colleague, who was quite curious as to why I was there. Looked at the schedule, I'm not supposed to be working today, which I knew last night and is why I did not set my alarm. Awesome morning...

That sucks, I have had that happen to me before as well, I'm sure that at least 50% of this board had this situation once

I've never actually made it to work. I've bolted out of bed at 2am like a psycho, knowing that I had to be in the car 5 minutes ago, only to realize that as I was brushing my teeth that I'm actually off today.

Once had an employee call in to say they were going to be late for their 6pm shift at 6am. (The drinking sometimes gets out of hand)

Any particular reason? (if you don't mind a curious friend asking :) )

Well, it's a combination of things.

Firstly, I am in the right frame of mind leading up to the Blessed Month, not that I didn't think I was in prior years, but this feels different and I can't really explain why.

Secondly, I mentioned that we ordered some Qur'ans in anticipation of Ramadan.  I have used many, but my wife has always trusted and used an Arabic / English version by Abdullah Yousuf Ali.  It is widely believed to the best English version and has both, with extensive notes and commentary by Brother Ali.  They arrived recently and I am reading it very carefully and slowly including all the notes and commentary.  This is really adding to the enthusiastic anticipation of Ramadan when we are supposed to read the Qur'an in it's entirety. 

I think they finally remodeled all the rooms.

Oh, wait. Ramadan.

Never mind.

That, sir, is very funny.

Well, it's a combination of things.

Firstly, I am in the right frame of mind leading up to the Blessed Month, not that I didn't think I was in prior years, but this feels different and I can't really explain why.

Secondly, I mentioned that we ordered some Qur'ans in anticipation of Ramadan.  I have used many, but my wife has always trusted and used an Arabic / English version by Abdullah Yousuf Ali.  It is widely believed to the best English version and has both, with extensive notes and commentary by Brother Ali.  They arrived recently and I am reading it very carefully and slowly including all the notes and commentary.  This is really adding to the enthusiastic anticipation of Ramadan when we are supposed to read the Qur'an in it's entirety. 

Good stuff!

Maybe a long shot here... have you read any Ali Mazrui? He was a scholar- mostly African studies, but he also published works on Islam (especially political Islam). You might remember that my wedding fell during Ramadan and one of my groomsman was fasting in observance. He is the son of Ali, and most of what I know about the religion comes through his stories. I know NS is a long ways from Kenya, but figured I'd ask :D 

Good stuff!

Maybe a long shot here... have you read any Ali Mazrui? He was a scholar- mostly African studies, but he also published works on Islam (especially political Islam). You might remember that my wedding fell during Ramadan and one of my groomsman was fasting in observance. He is the son of Ali, and most of what I know about the religion comes through his stories. I know NS is a long ways from Kenya, but figured I'd ask :D

No.  I have not read his book and have not heard of the man.  I will look into it though.

+++++

In other random news ...

Playoff hockey starts in Halifax tonight.

GO MOOSEHEADS!!

I made an offer on an iPod shuffle on eBay listed for $29. I offered $24. The seller is countering with $26. WTF. Am I supposed to counter with $25? All this for a buck? Should I bring in the president to close this deal for me?

He or she should have declined the offer. (I also could have ponied up the extra five.)

I made an offer on an iPod shuffle on eBay listed for $29. I offered $24. The seller is countering with $26. WTF. Am I supposed to counter with $25? All this for a buck? Should I bring in the president to close this deal for me?

He or she should have declined the offer. (I also could have ponied up the extra five.)

Can you place a tariff on their other transactions?  That will get them to meet your price.