GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 PM ET, 11/29/2016

Doohickie

Unless I'm getting my dates and injuries mixed up, DB's style change had as much to do with the loss of Kulikov and Bogo and not wanting to expose their weaker defense as it did with Eichel/Kane and ROR being out.

After 11 games Sabres were 5-4-2 and on an 89 point pace, I think we'd all agree that was on the lower end of acceptable.

After the 11th game the proverbial ###### hit the fan with more injuries, and with an AHL lineup and lack of scoring he clamped things down.

I think the question for tonight is with a healthy forward group and weak defense does he open things up or continue to lock down because of the D ?

EDIT: Bogo has been out since game #10, Kulikov since game #12, ROR missed games 13 and 15-19

Probably. Unfortunately the losing streak and pathetic scoring did little to show that it was the correct decision.

Well Ottawa isn't that good and Buffalo should be a bit more fun tonight. I will say we win 3-2 and Eichel has 1g and 1a. 

I was shocked to see that they're 14-7-1. That's pretty freakin decent. 

They didn't look that good either time we played them.

We can hang with these guys. I really hope we pull this one out.

Can't wait to see Jack again

Also will be still very interested in Fedun's play and hope he continues to play steady

Carrier on the top line will be interesting to watch

And if...oh if!!...all three top lines do real well, that would be nice. I could actually see that happening.

Yea those 2 shifts he gets will be fun until he isn't exactly where Bylsma wants him on that 3rd shift so because he is rookie down to the 4th line he goes... something something earn you time something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.