Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

That was a depressing read but thanks anyways. This guy has got to go.

I mean at this point it's become the equivalent of denying climate change for me. There is no possible way Bylsma is 

a) a good coach

b) does not deserve to be fired

c) won't repeat this same season next year if he is here

d) can put together a 2 piece puzzle 

c) is the one that I fear.

another wasted year where the kids show little to no growth. There'd be a mutiny if this guy can't change his ways.

That was a depressing read but thanks anyways. This guy has got to go.

c) is the one that I fear.

another wasted year where the kids show little to no growth. There'd be a mutiny if this guy can't change his ways.

He can't. I can't believe how obvious it is. Even if Murray brought in 2 defensemen, at best, AT BEST, Byslma sneaks into the playoffs and we get slaughtered in the first round.

He can't. I can't believe how obvious it is. Even if Murray brought in 2 defensemen, at best, AT BEST, Byslma sneaks into the playoffs and we get slaughtered in the first round.

Dammit. :wallbash:

I need something to look forward to for next season and all I see is more of the same.

The italics at the end verbalized everything we've been discussing for months so well.

If Murray believes in his players - and I think he does - there is no way Dan is still coach of this team in May.

Should have been done at the all star break.

This team might win 2 games over the next month. Bring in a coach and let the healing process of being Dan'd for 2 years begin now. Look at the next month as the preseason for 17-18 season.

Great read and the article contains some great insights into how Bylsma wants his team to play and just how easy it is to defend against. 

Should have been done at the all star break.

This team might win 2 games over the next month. Bring in a coach and let the healing process of being Dan'd for 2 years begin now. Look at the next month as the preseason for 17-18 season.

Perhaps.  I wonder why they want to keep him around.  I don't think he'll be here next year and perhaps it would be the media frenzy of firing two inept coaches so close together.  The Sabres still have holes, we know it.  So why not play out the season with Bylsma and close the holes and fire the coach at the end of the season.  No excuses, he's had his lineup now and they are doing worse.

Maybe Murray told the players that in the locker room.  Who knows.. it's incredibly dysfunctional in my opinion.  If I was certain I was going to let someone go I would do it.  It's not like if he's fired at the end of the season we're all going to forget Rex Ryan.

It still fits the owner learning curve.

1. Keep what you have and evaluate.

2. Try to hit the homerun and hire a big name with flash (make fans interested)

3. Realize that bad coaches are bad and go about creating a real team.

We're gonna get step 3 for the Sabres this summer.  I'm sure we won't hear about it before it happens.

Great read and the article contains some great insights into how Bylsma wants his team to play and just how easy it is to defend against. 

Perhaps.  I wonder why they want to keep him around.  I don't think he'll be here next year and perhaps it would be the media frenzy of firing two inept coaches so close together.  The Sabres still have holes, we know it.  So why not play out the season with Bylsma and close the holes and fire the coach at the end of the season.  No excuses, he's had his lineup now and they are doing worse.

Maybe Murray told the players that in the locker room.  Who knows.. it's incredibly dysfunctional in my opinion.  If I was certain I was going to let someone go I would do it.  It's not like if he's fired at the end of the season we're all going to forget Rex Ryan.

It still fits the owner learning curve.

1. Keep what you have and evaluate.

2. Try to hit the homerun and hire a big name with flash (make fans interested)

3. Realize that bad coaches are bad and go about creating a real team.

We're gonna get step 3 for the Sabres this summer.  I'm sure we won't hear about it before it happens.

No way he would have told the players he's gone at the end of the year.  As you said that would be incredibly incredibly dysfunctional.  To the point that there's no way that would happen or TM should be gone today.

I just don't understand why we need Bylsma to finish out the season.  No way they can bring him back in October right?  Why not let Terry Murray run the team until the end of the season?  Something's not working and the longer this goes on the worse it is for our young guys.

The italics at the end verbalized everything we've been discussing for months so well.

If Murray believes in his players - and I think he does - there is no way Dan is still coach of this team in May.

There have been any number of major fails this seasons that should have resulted in Bylsma's firing, like losing 6 out of 7 games played against Boston in the past 2 seasons, swept by the Devils, ad nauseum

But he's still there.  

I wonder if his hire is more on Kim 'n Terry than it was on Murray?  And now Murray is being a good company guy and saying nothing?  Might explain why he's still collecting a paycheck.  It seems pretty clear that he's lost part or all of the locker room,  given the chaos of the past several weeks.    

And just to add - I have to wonder after the disastrous firing of Rex Ryan, if the Pegulas are completely gun-shy now about any more high profile firings, at least for a few months?  They might be counseled by the old Ralph Whisperer,  Russ Brandon (from a marketing standpoint), to take a lower profile?  

I still don't understand how the Pegulas could take a firing (Ryan) that was completely understandable to EVERYONE and their brother - new coach comes onboard, team's record takes a nosedive in each season,  coach needs to go - and send an utterly clueless and inept Whaley out to 'sell it'

I still smh at how stupid Whaley is/was -  all he had to really say was - "The team's record declined steadily under Rex.... it seemed clear to us the team wasn't going in the proper direction, especially the Defense - we didn't want to fire him, but we had to make this change for the good of the team".  No fan or sports analyst would have questioned it - everyone knew the team was nosediving under Ryan.  

But instead, Whaley meandered and rambled about not being 'privy'... blah blah blah, and was totally unprepared.   It's hard to fathom that a guy could rise to such a high level, highly paid position, and be such a ham-handed incompetent dolt.  And how Buffalo fans can still think he can be a good GM, when he obviously lacks basic smarts and common sense....  I myself wouldn't hire him to run a LUNCH counter.   smh!!!

Tim's public support for Bylsma means nothing. It's what any competent GM would do.

It's entirely likely Tim has drawn a personal line in the sand as to how much rope Dan will have and Dan has yet to reach it.

Then it's time to redraw

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but the Rochester Americans are sitting in the basement of the AHL and I've heard it stated before that they play Dan's system down there so the call-ups know what's expected when they get a sniff of the show. Does it resonate with anyone that if the system sucks in the AHL and if the system sucks in the NHL that maybe there's a problem along the line? Is is really so bad that the captain of your team completely quits on you and gets loaned to your rival? What kind of message does that send to our younger prospects? What about the winning culture they want to instill from the bottom up?

I also agree with whoever posted above about Dan's fate with the team being tied in with Rex Ryan saga. I'm 100% positive that if the Bills had a successful season and Rex was still on board that Dan would not be behind the bench right now. But instead Rex was a disaster, the organization has been heralded as a joke with no punchline. Firing the coach of your other sports team mid-season will only exasperate that notion.

Edited by mustacheofgod

There have been any number of major fails this seasons that should have resulted in Bylsma's firing, like losing 6 out of 7 games played against Boston in the past 2 seasons, swept by the Devils, ad nauseum

But he's still there.  

I wonder if his hire is more on Kim 'n Terry than it was on Murray?  And now Murray is being a good company guy and saying nothing?  Might explain why he's still collecting a paycheck.  It seems pretty clear that he's lost part or all of the locker room,  given the chaos of the past several weeks.    

I think that's the crux of the matter. I'd bet my bottom dollar that DB was a Pegula hire, not a Murray one and that Murray doesn't have the authority to fire him.

Jack seems...uninterested in DDB's opinions:

The Sabres head coach was angry that Eichel tried to beat three Flyers and turned the puck over leading to the first goal. Bylsma benched Eichel for a shift, but Jack is fine, “No I try to play the same all 60 minutes. The team asks me to make that play, so I’m going to try to make it. If it works it works, if it doesn’t it doesn’t.”

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Eichel-is-comfortable-with-his-game/23037188

:huh:

To whom?

Bylsma? GM TM? The Pegulas?

To GMTM. I mean, if Jack doesn't like Dan, and the players don't like Dan, and they blame Dan for their crap season, you'd think a pep talk from the GM that is supposed to "reassure them that he believes in them" might be seen as demeaning if you think the blame lies not with you but with the coach.