GDT: Detroit at Buffalo, 7:00 PM ET, 11/23/2016

Doohickie

I think I actually may be excited to watch this one. It would be great to roll into the long weekend with a win knowing that we are one more day closer to the return. Like it has been thought all along, play 500 point hockey until he returns and they will come.

No, no no! Every time they start to suck you back in, we lose.

This is a big game tonight, there is no doubt about it. 4-3 Sabres in OT, 2 fights and no injuries (at least not for us).

????????☠ Edited by dudacek

Detroit was one of the first teams to bring players from Europe in bulk.  At one time in the 1990s they had a complete 5-man unit made up of nothing but Russians.

They managed to scoop some of the best Euro players with late draft picks because they were ahead of the curve in the scouting of Europe.

You won't see too many players like Zetterberg (210th overall) or Datsyuk (171th overall) be drafted that late anymore.  The rest of the teams are now aware of Europe.

I lived in Detroit for some years and the term was used more ironically than anything else.  It was used locally in Detroit with a certain level of affection.

Ahh, that explains it more.  Sort of a "we picked these guys from the trash aka lower rounds".  Makes a lot more sense.  Thanks!

There is actually a Southern Tier Brewery beer called Eurotrash

Pilsner.. it's not bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.