Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Baby Driver is awfully written, the entire second half is lazily shot, and most of all, Ansel Elgort cannot hold a single pixel of the screen.

No. Presence. What. So. Ever.

Jamie Foxx, Lily James, and Jon Hamm are attempting to breathe life into this film, but there's only so much you can do.

And the use of the music is on the whole really uninspired.

Thanks qwk

Huh, really? Was interested in seeing that

Mindhunter on Netflix is a must watch. Acting is phenomenal, and the premise (based on a true story) is captivating 

Mindhunter has been really great so far (only 4 episodes in). It's great to watch with my wife who is into murder and serial killers.

(You all should look for my body if I stop posting for a long time. My wife has definitely killed me)

I keep forgetting to mention Lore. I started listening to the Lore podcast awhile back and it's one of my favorites. It's historical scary stories (apropos for this month) in quick (generally 20-30 minute) tellings. Lots of unexplained monsters, crazy people, etc., but all "true" (at least as reported to authorities, etc.). Amazon Prime has made a TV series out of it, and I need to get watching!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lore_(podcast)

Edited by MattPie

I'm really excited for Colin Farrell's next two films, both with directors I ADORE.

Killing of a Sacred Deer, directed by Yorgos Lanthimos. Lanthimos and Farrell worked together on the Lobster and have magic chemistry. Can't wait to see another dark, odd world come to life.

Roman J. Israel, Esq. was already drawing me in for two distinct reasons: It's directed by Dan Gilroy, who wrote and directed Nightcrawler, one of the (if not the) best films of the 2010s. It stars Denzel Washington, greatest actor of all time perod. Throw Colin Farrell into the mix and I literally can't be more excited.

In other news, PTA's next movie is another collaboration with Daniel Day Lewis, and comes out this Christmas.

HYPE

Watching Mindhunter on Netflix. 

Some of the acting is wooden, but it's not bad. If you're a fan of docudramas and have interest in the advent of crime related behavioral psychology/serial killers, it's up your alley. It's staying pretty truthful to the sources, and the actor playing serial killer Ed Kemper is genuinely disturbing/spot on in his portrayal. 

Two of my friends suggested last week that I should try out Stranger Things so I could watch it with them when the second season is released this coming Friday.  Didn't know much about it, but since GoT is done for a while I figured I'm game.

Watched the first 3 episodes at my friend's place Sat. night, watched 3 more on my own when I got back home, and watched the last two yesterday.  I guess it was okay.   :lol:

Two of my friends suggested last week that I should try out Stranger Things so I could watch it with them when the second season is released this coming Friday. Didn't know much about it, but since GoT is done for a while I figured I'm game.

Watched the first 3 episodes at my friend's place Sat. night, watched 3 more on my own when I got back home, and watched the last two yesterday. I guess it was okay. :lol:

It's so good!

broDo.gif

Is The Snowman failing because it's trash or is the name "Harry Hole" just unadaptable to American film audiences?

I watched the first few episodes of A Young Doctor's Notebook on Netflix (BBC show, I believe). It features Jon Hamm and Daniel Radcliffe playing the same character at different ages. It's not showing both of their stories, it's just focusing on Daniel Radcliffe's and they're both there. It's set during the Russian Revolution and it's witty and fun.

Two of my friends suggested last week that I should try out Stranger Things so I could watch it with them when the second season is released this coming Friday. Didn't know much about it, but since GoT is done for a while I figured I'm game.

Watched the first 3 episodes at my friend's place Sat. night, watched 3 more on my own when I got back home, and watched the last two yesterday. I guess it was okay. :lol:

my inner monologue leading up to season 2... "please don't suck, please don't suck, please don't suck!"

The Duece

The Gifted

The Good Doctor

... all three are new this season and all three are pretty good so far

We have been watching The Deuce, The Good Doctor and Mindhunter. It's nice to have some new quality shows to watch this fall.

On the other hand, not impressed with the first episode of The Walking Dead. I fear that this show may be going the way of Dexter and losing my interest the longer it goes on.

Watching Mindhunter on Netflix. 

Some of the acting is wooden, but it's not bad. If you're a fan of docudramas and have interest in the advent of crime related behavioral psychology/serial killers, it's up your alley. It's staying pretty truthful to the sources, and the actor playing serial killer Ed Kemper is genuinely disturbing/spot on in his portrayal. 

:thumbsup:

I've mentioned before, but my wife is obsessed with Serial Killer shows. I'm interested as well, but if I ever disappear suddenly the first suspect would be her.

We have been watching The Deuce, The Good Doctor and Mindhunter. It's nice to have some new quality shows to watch this fall.

On the other hand, not impressed with the first episode of The Walking Dead. I fear that this show may be going the way of Dexter and losing my interest the longer it goes on.

I've mentioned before, but my wife is obsessed with Serial Killer shows. I'm interested as well, but if I ever disappear suddenly the first suspect would be her.

The ID network is on all the time at my house. Either that or OWN, with it's own brand of "husband did it" show.

Is The Snowman failing because it's trash or is the name "Harry Hole" just unadaptable to American film audiences?

I watched the first few episodes of A Young Doctor's Notebook on Netflix (BBC show, I believe). It features Jon Hamm and Daniel Radcliffe playing the same character at different ages. It's not showing both of their stories, it's just focusing on Daniel Radcliffe's and they're both there. It's set during the Russian Revolution and it's witty and fun.

I haven't seen it, but I saw this article the other day:

The director of 'The Snowman' explains why he made such a terrible movie

Terrible excuse, but it would explain a lot.

Edited by biodork

haha I feel ya... sometimes the amount of knowledge between my sister and I about sociopaths/serial killers/forensics/anatomical decomposition etc strikes me as... off... 

Finished the first season of Mindhunter. Admittedly, I was half watching while I worked, but my initial impressions about the guy playing Kemper hold strong. Didn't realize until the end that it's co-produced by Charlize Theron... definitely has a bit of that Atomic Blonde vibe in the music/graphics at times. 

Also... the main character, Holden is the voice of the good guy love interest in Frozen. Heh. Probs my least fav character in the show, which I think is intentional... yeah, that means I enjoy the serial killers more than the main protagonist...