Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I finally saw Split last night, and oh man... James McAvoy was amazing.

James McAvoy is so freakin' cool.  Anya-Taylor Joy is a... joy.

I saw Lady Macbeth earlier this week.  Another great 2017 indie film. It does a great job depicting an intersection of different kinds of opression/privalege. Florence Pugh is crazy good.  Hope to see her in a lot more work.

I'm looking forward to getting it on blu-ray. I've started doing this thing where I buy movies on blu-ray in anticipation of eventually having a blu-ray player.  :blush:

I did that for both DVDs and Bluray, although it's been a really long time since I bought either. FWIW, depending on your computer/tv setup, an externa USBl Bluray drive is nice because you can watch TV the computer/HDMI to the TV, and you can rip DVDs/Bluray to files so you can watch without using the media.

We canceled Netflix yesterday, although not necessarily permanently. We figure that all those DVDs/Blurays I just spent time ripping and putting into Plex will serve our modest TV needs for a few months. It does feel kinda weird, kinda like when I cut cable back in 2011. Different though, since youtube and Amazon Prime VIdeo fills most of the gap.

I'm looking forward to getting it on blu-ray. I've started doing this thing where I buy movies on blu-ray in anticipation of eventually having a blu-ray player. :blush:

I love it.

I'm contemplating seeing Atomic Blonde a third time. Logan Lucky and Girls Trip have both earned a second viewing but Atomic Blonde is soooo amazing. It deserves the cult following that John Wick has.

Started watching Amazon's reboot of The Tick tonight. I loved the cartoon and the Patrick Warburton version never got a fair shake.

I'm a few episodes in and I'm loving it. It's cheeky and fun, but with some real heart, and it's perfectly cast. Peter Serafinowicz is spot on as the The Tick.

Highly recommended watching. Lots of little Easter eggs as well.

Man, I looooved Sons of Anarchy up until they went to Ireland. Then it just got stupid and I realized I was watching a really soapy soap opera that was just dressed up with leather and tattoos. I mean, I guess it always was, but it had a unique taste to it up until that point. 

Around that same time I binged most of Spartacus (the one where the main character ended up passing away from cancer a few seasons in). It was enjoyable. Lotta gore and manbits and Lucy Lawless' tits.

Yes, S of A started out so great and then that season in Ireland was horrible. It picked up again after that season and the final season may have been the best. I'd like to watch it again and count how many people were killed in that season.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Netflix series The Shooter. I think it's great! I don't usually binge watch but that show has had me staying up till the wee hours the last couple days watching.

Yes, S of A started out so great and then that season in Ireland was horrible. It picked up again after that season and the final season may have been the best. I'd like to watch it again and count how many people were killed in that season.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Netflix series The Shooter. I think it's great! I don't usually binge watch but that show has had me staying up till the wee hours the last couple days watching.

I thought the ending of the Ireland season was pretty good.  Since I'm binge watching the show, a season like that one doesn't drag on for too long, so I don't wind up having an issue with too much.  The only thing that I find a bit strange with the whole show (just finished season 4) is that at the beginning, they talk about how rare a murder in Charming is.  Fastforward one season and they start killing people left and right.  I realize that this has to be done to make a tv show, but it's a little too much craziness that hits all at once.