Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Recently I liked:

Justified

Sons of Anarchy

Person of Interest (working my way through it, currently on season 2)

Hawaii Five-O (what can I say...I like the buddy cop genre)

Man, I looooved Sons of Anarchy up until they went to Ireland. Then it just got stupid and I realized I was watching a really soapy soap opera that was just dressed up with leather and tattoos. I mean, I guess it always was, but it had a unique taste to it up until that point. 

Around that same time I binged most of Spartacus (the one where the main character ended up passing away from cancer a few seasons in). It was enjoyable. Lotta gore and manbits and Lucy Lawless' tits. 

Interesting enough, scrubs, was the most medically accurate show during the time of house, even if not always super serious. House was and still is my favorite medical show and I loved season 3 especially when he was dealing with the detective about vicodin... However, when I watch medical shows, I am a bit biased because literally 3% of that show would be allowed in real life.... So while I appreciate and love it, it's so far from the truth that it makes me chuckle in a different way.

I'm also sad they removed it from Netflix

To me, House was mostly about him and not the medical stuff.  His character was such an amazing .  I feel like you could put that exact character in just about any situation and it would be a great show.  I bet he could even make an hour of C-SPAN watchable.

And since it's been mentioned, I started watching Sons of Anarchy in the last couple weeks.  I just finished the second season last night.  I'm not going to rank it anywhere this early, but I'm enjoying it.  I get the feeling I'm about to hit the point that Josie described though.

Interesting enough, scrubs, was the most medically accurate show during the time of house, even if not always super serious. House was and still is my favorite medical show and I loved season 3 especially when he was dealing with the detective about vicodin... However, when I watch medical shows, I am a bit biased because literally 3% of that show would be allowed in real life.... So while I appreciate and love it, it's so far from the truth that it makes me chuckle in a different way.

I'm also sad they removed it from Netflix

I didn't make it all the way through house. The ridiculous scenarios were hard enough to swallow but every episode turned into Dr MacGyver. Watch this a hole save lives with chewing gum and a shoe lace.

To be fair, the Gary Oldman version looks very intriguing.

Gary Oldman totally attended the House of Black and White with Arya Stark. That man can change faces so well. 

To me, House was mostly about him and not the medical stuff.  His character was such an amazing ######.  I feel like you could put that exact character in just about any situation and it would be a great show.  I bet he could even make an hour of C-SPAN watchable.

And since it's been mentioned, I started watching Sons of Anarchy in the last couple weeks.  I just finished the second season last night.  I'm not going to rank it anywhere this early, but I'm enjoying it.  I get the feeling I'm about to hit the point that Josie described though.

Yeah, I watched House for House. Cantankerous, craggy, brilliant, incredibly flawed, somehow still lovable with Wilson the puppy dog as the foil. The deadpan and sarcasm were so good. The episode where he has the anti-vaxxers and their sick toddler in the walk-in clinic and he offers them the options of "children's sized coffins- they come in fire engine red and froggy green" to their faces... 

Enjoy SoA. It really is a fun ride. Dissolving people in acid, lurid trysts, gang wars... and then bam, Jax does bad things. 

Jax: "I promise I'll be better"

next episode- same thing. Jax: " I promise I'll do better"

next episode- repeat. Jax: "I promise I'll do better" etc etc etc and then they kill one of my favorite characters and nope. Done. 

Man, I looooved Sons of Anarchy up until they went to Ireland. Then it just got stupid and I realized I was watching a really soapy soap opera that was just dressed up with leather and tattoos. I mean, I guess it always was, but it had a unique taste to it up until that point. 

Around that same time I binged most of Spartacus (the one where the main character ended up passing away from cancer a few seasons in). It was enjoyable. Lotta gore and manbits and Lucy Lawless' tits. 

Lucy Lawless is the main villain in Ash vs Evil Dead. Her and Bruce Campbell go back to the old Hercules and Xena shows. 

I couldn't watch SoA because I knew that Harley riding suburban dads were sitting around getting hard to it. 

It is kind of funny how this small town is overrun by just about every single stereotypical element of organized crime (other than the biggest of them all, the mafia).  They even pulled out a terrorist blast from the past in the form of the IRA.  I'm hoping I get some Soviets soon.

I never watched House, but the star plays a great villain on "The Night Manager," which is a very good spy thriller mini-series that I think is on Netflix or Amazon Prime.

I enjoy me some BlackAdder Hugh Laurie

tumblr_inline_njeyvgTOT71rtsoy4.gif

It is kind of funny how this small town is overrun by just about every single stereotypical element of organized crime (other than the biggest of them all, the mafia).  They even pulled out a terrorist blast from the past in the form of the IRA.  I'm hoping I get some Soviets soon.

haha yes. Strippers with hearts of gold, more gang and criminal activity than a season of Lockup, and starcrossed "good" people like teachers with dangerous pasts. 

It's so silly. But I mean... Ron Perlman. Being a silverback gorilla. It's perfect.