Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

My wife and I have been re-watching Mad Men. We are in the middle of season 3. What a great show.

I'm glad I gave that one another chance. Loved it. There are a few episodes that haunt me. Incredibly well done series. 

My latest binge while I work show is the Tudors. Yeah.. so... that's what the term "history p0rn" is for, eh... lots of beautiful people slamming their beautiful bodies together in beautiful settings, loosely strung together by vague historic plots... but then, that's history anyways, isn't it? 

So the Star Wars hype train is spinning into gear. Today a bunch of new toys got released at target and I'm wearing a shirt that says "Bring Your Rey Game."

Normally I try to avoid the Star Wars hype but I'm so in my feels about this movie. Daisy Ridley as Rey is finally getting the attention she deserves. No more toy sets with every character but Rey, she's front and center in everything.

We get to see old Mark Hamill as luke. More Oscar Isaac and John Boyega! Gwendalyn Christie is finally going to get to do something! Rian Johnson is directing! Star Wars is finally going to be doing something new and not be worrying too much about connecting itself to the original trilogy and distancing itself from the prequels.

HYPE

So the Star Wars hype train is spinning into gear. Today a bunch of new toys got released at target and I'm wearing a shirt that says "Bring Your Rey Game."

Normally I try to avoid the Star Wars hype but I'm so in my feels about this movie. Daisy Ridley as Rey is finally getting the attention she deserves. No more toy sets with every character but Rey, she's front and center in everything.

We get to see old Mark Hamill as luke. More Oscar Isaac and John Boyega! Gwendalyn Christie is finally going to get to do something! Rian Johnson is directing! Star Wars is finally going to be doing something new and not be worrying too much about connecting itself to the original trilogy and distancing itself from the prequels.

HYPE

Nope, Jar Jar is Snoke!   :nana:

j/k 

Edited by GoPre

On a related note, I read A Game of Thrones years ago.  I decided not to continue with the series until the rest of the books were out because I didn't want to go through the process of waiting after every release.  Here we are years later and an entire HBO show has been made (which I plan on saving until after reading the books) and I'm still twiddling my thumbs.  But so many things have been spoiled for me that I'm beginning to think I don't even care to read the series either.

HYPE

There is no way it doesn't connect heavily to previous instalments, though. Disney just fired the directors of the Han Solo prequel because they were making it too much their own.

I love Star Wars, don't think they'll reinvent the wheel here, though.

There is no way it doesn't connect heavily to previous instalments, though. Disney just fired the directors of the Han Solo prequel because they were making it too much their own.

Heard they were fired due to making the Han Solo prequel too comical.

It'll definitely connect, it just has the freedom to be different. They went safe with 7 and had JJ Abrams direct it and had the old cast reunion stuff. And the plot was very A New Hope.

Now they have indie darling Rian Johnson directing and the story kinda has to be more about the new cast. Landing that first step had disney a little nervous and you could tell. Now I think they're ready to run.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind is 40 years old?!  Where does time go?  It's back in theaters.  Never had a chance to see it on the big screen, so I may give it a try.  If you haven't seen the movie, at least give it a watch at home.  Not your typical sci-fi movie.  

It'll definitely connect, it just has the freedom to be different. They went safe with 7 and had JJ Abrams direct it and had the old cast reunion stuff. And the plot was very A New Hope.

Now they have indie darling Rian Johnson directing and the story kinda has to be more about the new cast. Landing that first step had disney a little nervous and you could tell. Now I think they're ready to run.

Ya agreed. Though I'm sure Luke is still gonna factor in prominently.

This sounds great, until we find out Rey is a Kenobi and Snoke trained Sidious, and...wait for it...the Empire-ish force has another Death Star-ish thing! :p