Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I would love to know what some folk have as their top 10 or 20 (or more) binge-watchable shows.

Ash vs Evil Dead (not sure it's available to stream anywhere besides Starz but it's the best show ever made)

Dexter (Netflix/Showtime)

Breaking Bad (Netflix)

Shameless (Netflix/Showtime)

Six Feet Under (HBO Go)

The Wire (HBO Go)

The Sopranos (HBO Go)

Third Rock from the Sun (Netflix and Hulu)

Eastbound and Down (HBO Go)

Married with Children (not sure where to stream though)

Malcolm in the Middle (Netflix)

House, M.D. (just removed from Netflix recently though so I'm not sure where it's available)

Sunny in Philadelphia (Netflix)

Weeds - for the first couple of seasons before it jumps the shark (Netflix/Showtime)

Workaholics (Hulu)

The Walking Dead (Netflix)

Newer Shows (only 1 season so far)

Goliath (Amazon)

Sneaky Pete (Amazon)

Vice Principals (HBO Go)

Trial and Error (Hulu - although now those idiots only have the last 5 episodes)

The Mick (Hulu)

Edited by Drunkard

I think what makes the show so great is that everyone takes turns being the best character.

It's all subjective. Personally I think they are all good characters, but Frank is the best by far, even though my favorite episode is Sweet Dee is dating a retarded person with the whole Day Man/Night Man songs by Charlie.

I would love to know what some folk have as their top 10 or 20 (or more) binge-watchable shows.

IT Crowd

X-Files

30 Rock

Mad Men

Narcos

GoT

RuPaul's Drag Race

West Wing

House of Cards

GLOW

Battlestar Galactica 

House MD (earlier seasons)

Sopranos 

Firefly (aw :( )

ST:NG 

Great British Bakeoff 

Golden Girls 

Metalocalypse 

Archer 

Various documentary series mentioned in the random thread

IT Crowd

X-Files

30 Rock

Mad Men

Narcos

GoT

RuPaul's Drag Race

West Wing

House of Cards

GLOW

Battlestar Galactica 

House MD (earlier seasons)

Sopranos 

Firefly (aw :( )

ST:NG 

Great British Bakeoff 

Golden Girls 

Metalocalypse 

Archer 

Various documentary series mentioned in the random thread

So what's your cutoff on House? The last season or two (when he went to prison and after that) are probably my two least favorite seasons, but I think season 4 is my favorite season (after he fired Chase and both Foreman and Cameron quit) so he turned the hiring process into a competition.

I should have added Archer to my list though as well as GLOW under the new section.

Edited by Drunkard

So what's your cutoff on House? The last season or two (when he went to prison and after that) are probably my two least favorite seasons, but I think season 4 is my favorite season (after he fire Chase and both Foreman and Cameron quit) so he turned the hiring process into a competition.

I got really tired of the House/Cuddy stuff. And although it was always formulaic, I always enjoyed the medical mystery stuff. I felt they started going into ER/Gen Hospital etc. territory after season 5. 

I haven't watched past S3 in years, though. 

I got really tired of the House/Cuddy stuff. And although it was always formulaic, I always enjoyed the medical mystery stuff. I felt they started going into ER/Gen Hospital etc. territory after season 5. 

I haven't watched past S3 in years, though. 

Fair enough. I never watched the show when it aired then discovered it on Netflix. I watched the entire series from start to finish in about a month and then put it on as background noise at random times and I always found myself going back to season 4. When they removed it from Netflix I was pissed. Luckily my girlfriend bought me the box set. I'd bet my bottom dollar the one of the discs for season 4 is in the bluray player in our bedroom right now.

Fair enough. I never watched the show when it aired then discovered it on Netflix. I watched the entire series from start to finish in about a month and then put it on as background noise at random times and I always found myself going back to season 4. When they removed it from Netflix I was pissed. Luckily my girlfriend bought me the box set. I'd bet my bottom dollar the one of the discs for season 4 is in the bluray player in our bedroom right now.

haha nice!

Yeah, I watched it when it came out. It was a weekly thing I'd catch with my mom or tape it. I loved it. That and early original CSI really piqued my interest in medicine/forensics, led to me taking some college courses in it in highschool. Learned and saw a lot of gross/awesome stuff :) Thanks, House! 

Many of the cases are based off real ones found by the producers in med journals. I love it. 

Just remember... it's not lupus. 

haha nice!

Yeah, I watched it when it came out. It was a weekly thing I'd catch with my mom or tape it. I loved it. That and early original CSI really piqued my interest in medicine/forensics, led to me taking some college courses in it in highschool. Learned and saw a lot of gross/awesome stuff :) Thanks, House! 

Many of the cases are based off real ones found by the producers in med journals. I love it. 

Just remember... it's not lupus. 

Ha ha! It's never lupus. That's why he kept a stash of pills in the bored out pages of the lupus section of that medical book!

So what's your cutoff on House? The last season or two (when he went to prison and after that) are probably my two least favorite seasons, but I think season 4 is my favorite season (after he fired Chase and both Foreman and Cameron quit) so he turned the hiring process into a competition.

I should have added Archer to my list though as well as GLOW under the new section.

Ugh, season 4 introduced Cutthroat Bitch, the worst character in the history of television.

Swamp -- if you have HBO, the top 3, without question, are The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadwood.  Then Game of Thrones, if you liked The Lord of the Rings but you want an R-rated version.  Or Curb Your Enthusiasm, if you want a comedy.

After that, I would go with Mad Men, which is now on Netflix, and Catastrophe, which is on Amazon.

Then, The Americans, which I think is also on Netflix.

And if you can handle subtitles, Deutscheland 83, which I think is on Netflix.

The Office and Parks & Recreation are 2 other really good comedies that are probably on Netflix or Amazon.

Interesting enough, scrubs, was the most medically accurate show during the time of house, even if not always super serious. House was and still is my favorite medical show and I loved season 3 especially when he was dealing with the detective about vicodin... However, when I watch medical shows, I am a bit biased because literally 3% of that show would be allowed in real life.... So while I appreciate and love it, it's so far from the truth that it makes me chuckle in a different way.

I'm also sad they removed it from Netflix