Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

I'm with Flagg.

Lessor talented teams this whole season have beat us handily with a short passing puck control game. It's also the reason I don't think our D is as bad as Dan's system makes them look.

We tried the short passing puck control game. Those passes jumped over our sticks, too.

Y'all can talk about DD and systems that you hate and stretch passes and blah blah blah,.. but looking at the tape to tape passing and awareness of every player on the ice that these two teams have (Pitt/Chi), nobody is going to convince me that the Sabres have anything but a talent problem.

Yeah okay.

Y'all can talk about DD and systems that you hate and stretch passes and blah blah blah,.. but looking at the tape to tape passing and awareness of every player on the ice that these two teams have (Pitt/Chi), nobody is going to convince me that the Sabres have anything but a talent problem.

Preach it, brother.

This roster is almost as lacking as in the good ol' days of DR.

Lots of teams have talent problems. Islanders, Blues, Wild. Then they change coaches, and suddenly the talent problems aren't as severe.

The Sabres obviously have roster issues, on the blue line especially. But I can't get to a spot where that's the only problem.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Yeah, I think it's a bit of a mix.... If DD is changing his "system" because he doesn't think he has the horses, I can maybe buy that.... But he should be working on maximizing what we can do.... He is not.... Instead he is doing the exact opposite.... Until we are a positive positive possession team, I will continue to believe that

Lots of teams have talent problems. Islanders, Blues, Wild. Then they change coaches, and suddenly the talent problems aren't as severe.

The Sabres obviously have roster issues, on the blue line especially. But I can't get to a spot where that's the only problem.

Exactly. It's clearly both.

Leafs have lost 9 games after leading by 2 in the third.

Babcock sucks! :P

But really they just can't play defense. Theirs is noticeably worse than ours, even.

I hope they miss the playoffs so much

They'll just win the lottery again and get Nolan Patrick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.