GDT: Sabres at Canes 10-5-16 7PM WGR550

spndnchz

If he is playing again I bet they are having serious thoughts of keeping him 

No.  He's Samson from two years ago.  Even if he stays, it will be for 9 games, then off to the Amerks.

...and that's the right answer, btw.  Let the kid develop properly.  We have enough forward depth at this point, there's no good reason to hurry him along.

I think he will be spectacular with Jack and Samson eventually; perhaps the best line since the French Connection, but this year is too early for that.

No.  He's Samson from two years ago.  Even if he stays, it will be for 9 games, then off to the Amerks.

...and that's the right answer, btw.  Let the kid develop properly.  We have enough forward depth at this point, there's no good reason to hurry him along.

I think he will be spectacular with Jack and Samson eventually; perhaps the best line since the French Connection, but this year is too early for that.

I am being selfish I guess, just love him already. He also seems better than Samson was at this point 

I am being selfish I guess, just love him already. He also seems better than Samson was at this point 

I agree with you on both points.  I also closely watched the Detroit Red Wings for 6 years while I lived there (and several years after I moved from there).  One thing I think that led to their success over the years was that they didn't hurry their pipeline.  Very, very few Red Wings players jumped right to the NHL without significant time in the AHL.  They've had "bubble boys" that looked ready to make the jump but only got brief stints on the Wings because there simply wasn't room for them.  When they finally graduated from the A, they were more than ready. 

The Sabres would do well to emulate that model to develop not only their existing players, but their pipeline process for new players.

I agree with you on both points.  I also closely watched the Detroit Red Wings for 6 years while I lived there (and several years after I moved from there).  One thing I think that led to their success over the years was that they didn't hurry their pipeline.  Very, very few Red Wings players jumped right to the NHL without significant time in the AHL.  They've had "bubble boys" that looked ready to make the jump but only got brief stints on the Wings because there simply wasn't room for them.  When they finally graduated from the A, they were more than ready. 

The Sabres would do well to emulate that model to develop not only their existing players, but their pipeline process for new players.

Sounds like a good idea then. 

Moulson with Cal O'Reilly?   They must not like what they see of Moulson thus far.

Someone around here said Fasching was doing a great job on the boards and getting pucks to his teammates who then didn't finish. Imagine if those two work, and they you substitute Larsson or Girgensons in the real line up. It's worth a try for a game or two.

Edited by MattPie

Someone around here said Fasching was doing a great job on the boards and getting pucks to his teammates who then didn't finish. Imagine if those two work, and they you substitute Larsson or Girgensons in the real line up. It's worth a try for a game or two.

Fasching has looked good -- last night with Larsson and Deslauriers. And earlier he started the tic-tac-Baptiste goal.

I still think he starts the season in Rochester where he can get top-six minutes. But a Sabres fourth line of Moulson-Girgensons-Fasching (or Larsson at center, but I like last year's 3rd line) should be able to pin other teams in their own end. DLo can split with either winger as needed for more physicality.

At this point his barely an AHL guy.

Austin was on Rochester's third pair last season, right? Leadership and willing to fight, which are good, but not someone to log minutes.

I guess it's good he's getting work with Burgdoerfer, Falk, Nelson, etc. who could be his partner for part of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.