GDT: Ottawa at Buffalo, Sept. 27, 2016, 7:00 pm

Eleven

Sorry to be a let down, but I was mostly just enjoying shooting the ###### with some hockey fans.

A few thoughts:

- Grant and Moulson were the best non-goalies wearing blue and gold told

- Lehner was very good.

- McCabe was impressive.

- Ennis satisfied me. Looked fast and confident with little hesitancy in his game.

- Baptiste seemed to be easy to miss at times but he had a few moments that really caught you eye. Hard-working kid.

- I literally don't know if Foligno played but if he did or didn't he did a poor job of playing or not playing

- Fasching was using his body well but wasn't noticeable otherwise

- A lot of these kids were playing it too safe. Take a few big swings!

That sounds about right.

Sorry to be a let down, but I was mostly just enjoying shooting the ###### with some hockey fans.

A few thoughts:

- Grant and Moulson were the best non-goalies wearing blue and gold told

- Lehner was very good.

- McCabe was impressive.

- Ennis satisfied me. Looked fast and confident with little hesitancy in his game.

- Baptiste seemed to be easy to miss at times but he had a few moments that really caught you eye. Hard-working kid.

- I literally don't know if Foligno played but if he did or didn't he did a poor job of playing or not playing

- Fasching was using his body well but wasn't noticeable otherwise

- A lot of these kids were playing it too safe. Take a few big swings!

Most of the team was wearing his number, so it was tough to tell.

72, 73, 82, 109, e, -1, googolplex, all in tonight.

Were you shut out of TV as well? If so, there's a guy named Tony upthread who wants to talk with you.

Sabres. OT.

Some guy named Grant had an assist on the winner.

I didn't check if it was on NHL.TV. All I know is I got 3 different notifications with 3 different scores.

Now I know. ;)

Larsson reminds me of discount ROR. He's tenacious off the puck and fairly sound in his own end.

ROR is terrible, have you seen his +/- from last year?

Is anyone else getting a sd feed on NHL.tv. My god this is bad.

The archive feed I'm watching now is HD-ish on my phone.

I still think He should start in Rochester, but I like Faschings upside.

I don't want to get carried away, but for the first time in a long time we're seeing some good depth in the organization. Last several years, it was pretty clear cut who the first call up would be, and soon after it was like it didn't even matter because they were bottom of the barrel type players that can fill in the 4th line and we just moved a player from the 4th line up.

It'll be interesting to see which one would be the first callup this season, assuming they don't make it from the get-go- Cole Schnieder, Baptiste, Bailey, Fasching, Rodrigues and now you can add Grant to that list as well. And that's not even mentioning Nylander, who i think its obvious he'll need some more work in Rochester then most want to believe.

Most of my observations followed the narratives emerging from camp.

-Ennis looked good. Strong (see those biceps??) and vintage hands. Excited to see him with two smart players in ROR and Ok.

-Okposo is so solid with and without the puck. His puck possession will be a factor this year, especially along the boards on the PP.

-Mouls actually looked playable. Fought for pucks and it didn't look like he was skating in mud. More like dirt. Could be solid in front of the net on our PP2. 

-Lehner was the most encouraging obviously because of the importance of his position. His comments off ice have displayed a mental preparedness and toughness, and it showed on ice with his calm play and very sound positioning. And his offseason conditioning showed in his agility and recovery time. 

-Deslauriers played his game very well tonight. He'll be making a push for the bottom six.

-Bogo was brutal. Does not have a good mental game and shouldn't be running the point of any kind of power play. 

-The kids played well and the Amerks will be fun to watch this year. Get to the War Memorial Rochester!

I understand it's game two of preseason so please don't attempt to pop my balloon. I'm grounded. But this team is hitting all the right notes and I'm going to enjoy the excitement! Looking forward to seeing the team when it's infused with some elite talent. 

Those TSN guys are awful. Have to hear them all the time here.

That was kind of an embarrassing line.

Listening to Ferraro struggle to get words out of his mouth, its obvious he took too many shots to the head. And Gord Murphy, or whoever it was just looks like he took too many head shots.

Most of my observations followed the narratives emerging from camp.

-Ennis looked good. Strong (see those biceps??) and vintage hands. Excited to see him with two smart players in ROR and Ok.

-Okposo is so solid with and without the puck. His puck possession will be a factor this year, especially along the boards on the PP.

-Mouls actually looked playable. Fo

ught for pucks and it didn't look like he was skating in mud. More like dirt. Could be solid in front of the net on our PP2. 

-Lehner was the most encouraging obviously because of the importance of his position. His comments off ice have displayed a mental preparedness and toughness, and it showed on ice with his calm play and very sound positioning. And his offseason conditioning showed in his agility and recovery time. 

-Deslauriers played his game very well tonight. He'll be making a push for the bottom six.

-Bogo was brutal. Does not have a good mental game and shouldn't be running the point of any kind of power play. 

-The kids played well and the Amerks will be fun to watch this year. Get to the War Memorial Rochester!

I understand it's game two of preseason so please don't attempt to pop my balloon. I'm grounded. But this team is hitting all the right notes and I'm going to enjoy the excitement! Looking forward to seeing the team when it's infused with some elite talent. 

Did we clone him or something? He was playing in the World Cup tonight with Canada.  :blink:

He's 26. He's not making the NHL. Matt Ellis at best.

We will revisit this quote

Grant is the reason we didn't re-sign Legwand. Not sure if he makes the team straight out, but he will play in Buffalo some time this year.

Fasching's play on the tying goal is why we gave up so much to get him and is why he will be a middle six forward during our soon-to-be glorious years of contention.

Not saying he's of the same stature, so put away your pitchforks.

But stylistically - big, smooth, athletic, in control - Lehner looked a helluvalot like a certain Team Canada stalwart who once again will fool the hockey world into thinking Montreal has a good team.

Edited by dudacek

Bogosian had 10 shots toward the goal last night, and two shots on goal. Six were blocked, two missed. I'm pretty sure the six were all during the same shift too :lol:

Yay for stats that reinforce what my eyes saw! :D

Just the first preseason game so no reason to freak out (Does this even have to be said? Should be the standard inference), but he really was hot garbage last night. Offensive instincts just non-existent.

He's 26. He's not making the NHL. Matt Ellis at best.

We will revisit this quote

Oh it's on!  Here we go with analytics versus eyeball test.  Let's do it!

And I love the way it went down.

Oh.. Sabres hockey.. on TV!!!!

Career AHLer. Nothing to see here.

...or maybe he just needed a change of scenery.  Probably like Catenacci, etc.  Can fill in for a few games here and there at NHL level, but probably not a regular.  A good piece for the Amerks though... as a slightly older guy he can show the prospects the ropes.

Was at the game last night using my brother in law's seats next to the bench and Okposo is one very intense player. Several F bombs and Vanek faces throughout the evening. He expects a lot out of himself and it all starts there. I think I'm gonna love having this player on my team. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.