What to Call the Arena?

Stormin Norman

I've hear/read that lots of people always just call it "The Arena".  Maybe it is easier to call it that when you reside in Buffalo?  In close proximity to "The Arena"?

Maybe I'm alone, but I always called it "HSBC" or "First Niagara"*.  I'm sure soon enough I'll end up calling it "KeyBank"...?

I can't remember what I called it when it was Marine Midland.  I was kinda younger back then :unsure:

Something like "The Bank" could be fun.  I'm envisioning RJ with a goal call... something like: "Jack takin' it to the bank for Game 7..."

I've hear/read that lots of people always just call it "The Arena".  Maybe it is easier to call it that when you reside in Buffalo?  In close proximity to "The Arena"?

Maybe I'm alone, but I always called it "HSBC" or "First Niagara"*.  I'm sure soon enough I'll end up calling it "KeyBank"...?

I can't remember what I called it when it was Marine Midland.  I was kinda younger back then :unsure:

Something like "The Bank" could be fun.  I'm envisioning RJ with a goal call... something like: "Jack takin' it to the bank for Game 7..."

The Mmarena or Crossroads, but primarily the Mmarena.

Albright-Knox-Gundlach Art Museum, or AKG Art Museum.

WNY native donated $42.5 million which deserves getting his name slapped on there.

Makes sense; at one point it was just the "Albright Museum", then Knox paid to add a new building to the campus so they added his name. Now they're adding another building via Gundlach's donation, so he gets his name on the side, too.

Edited by sabills

Albright-Knox-Gundlach Art Museum, or AKG Art Museum.

WNY native donated $42.5 million which deserves getting his name slapped on there.

Um, yeah.

I call BS.  What does this person know about art?  Why should he/she have the right to start putting names on museums?  Can this person even paint?

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.