Political Correctness

JJFIVEOH

So now, here we have young kids who still haven't figured out who they are and now they want to make it so they don't know who everybody else is either.

I think 'student' and 'scholar' is demeaning. To me, a 'scholar' has superior knowledge so by calling a child a 'scholar' implies that the 'students' aren't quite up to par. That might send them into a lifetime of depression and guilt.

Most transvestites fancy girls.

-Well who told you that?

A transvestite told me that!

-probably lives in a cave somewhere!

No, an Executive Transvestite!

Running, jumping, climbing trees.... Then makeup.

I love Eddie Izzard.

Anyway, the mad scramble for all and sundry to plant their flag firmly at the summit of this anthill is somewhat amusing to me. Not limiting this to this board/thread. If you read it on the Internet, and it makes you fly into a blind rage or righteous fury, please remember it's likely either not true or missing important context so as to be misleading.

The kids on college campuses trying to make every flavor vanilla have always been there. One of the hallmarks of institutions of higher learning, actually,p; these kids meet others like them for the first time ever, there's a rush of blood to the head, and soon there's a protest with signs reading: "Down With This Sort of Thing!" and "Careful, now!" Displayed proudly for all to see. Then they grow up. Happens each and every year. Think about Obama's career arc....

I'm still trying to wrap my head around pansexual, transexual, transgender, transvestite, crossdresser, transfeminine, transmale, transmasculine, drag queen and Chaz Bono.

Somebody let me know when they've reached a conclusion on DSD's.

Pansexual = can literally love anybody who identifies in any way. This is different from bisexual because bisexual people are mainly only open to males and females. Pansexual individuals are open to transgender, intersex, whatever.

Transsexual = somebody in transition from their born sex to the gender they identify with. It could also be somebody who has fully transition but prefers to identify as trans still.

Transvestite = offensive term that is often used to insult transgender individuals but actually never had anything to do with transgender people. It actually was largely for drag queens (males who enjoy dressing as females but do not identify as females).

Cross dresser = somebody who dresses in the clothing of the opposite gender. Some feel it is offensive as it infers that clothing are gender specific but it's worth considering that the intention of drag queens and kings is to appear to be the opposite gender anyways so it's probably safe to use.

Transfeminine = somebody born male who identifies more with femininity than masculinity but does not fully identify as female.

Transmasculine = the opposite of the above.

Draq queen = see cross dresser.

Chaz Bono = U2 is the worst

Bonus term!

Cisgender = you and I. Somebody who identifies with what they were born with. You'll rarely hear this unless it's relevant to the conversation.

Because I am "Cisgender" I have absolutely no idea what it might be like to identify as a member of the opposite sex that I am. Hoss, do you have any articles or interviews or just common knowledge that give(s) insight into this? I'll never tell anyone to their face "you're making that up." and I don't believe that they are, but it's absolutely impossible for me to picture how it works. 

Because I am "Cisgender" I have absolutely no idea what it might be like to identify as a member of the opposite sex that I am. Hoss, do you have any articles or interviews or just common knowledge that give(s) insight into this? I'll never tell anyone to their face "you're making that up." and I don't believe that they are, but it's absolutely impossible for me to picture how it works.

I don't have any articles off the top of my head. That'll have to be something you look into both with Internet searches and actually speaking with members of the community.

Pansexual = can literally love anybody who identifies in any way. This is different from bisexual because bisexual people are mainly only open to males and females. Pansexual individuals are open to transgender, intersex, whatever.

Transsexual = somebody in transition from their born sex to the gender they identify with. It could also be somebody who has fully transition but prefers to identify as trans still.

Transvestite = offensive term that is often used to insult transgender individuals but actually never had anything to do with transgender people. It actually was largely for drag queens (males who enjoy dressing as females but do not identify as females).

Cross dresser = somebody who dresses in the clothing of the opposite gender. Some feel it is offensive as it infers that clothing are gender specific but it's worth considering that the intention of drag queens and kings is to appear to be the opposite gender anyways so it's probably safe to use.

Transfeminine = somebody born male who identifies more with femininity than masculinity but does not fully identify as female.

Transmasculine = the opposite of the above.

Draq queen = see cross dresser.

Chaz Bono = U2 is the worst

Bonus term!

Cisgender = you and I. Somebody who identifies with what they were born with. You'll rarely hear this unless it's relevant to the conversation.

I was only being half serious about my post, but thanks, that does help to clear some things up. 

And I do agree, U2 is a terribly overrated band in my opinion. 

On a side note, I have the urge to watch The Birdcage again for the 100th time. What a great movie! 

I was only being half serious about my post, but thanks, that does help to clear some things up.

And I do agree, U2 is a terribly overrated band in my opinion.

On a side note, I have the urge to watch The Birdcage again for the 100th time. What a great movie!

I knew you were joking but I also figured many people could use it.

Also, the term "band" is offensive in this contact. There are plenty of people who identify as "bands" and actually have a right to the term. U2 does not. Just a group of people making noises and playing it safe their entire careers. You don't have to always be an offensive . The proper term here is "overrated never hasbeens."

Also, the term "band" is offensive in this contact. There are plenty of people who identify as "bands" and actually have a right to the term. U2 does not. Just a group of people making noises and playing it safe their entire careers. You don't have to always be an offensive ######. The proper term here is "overrated never hasbeens."

I'm so proud of you! happy-014.gif

Holy ######. Leave the kids alone and they bust out the broad brushes in talking bad about U2.

Listen. They jumped the shark and became insufferable. But they were the greatest band in the world once upon a time.

Woah woah woah. U2 was good, but I can't pick one year where they were the greatest band in the world

I recently saw a commercial out of China thats trying to sell laundry detergent. In the ad a Chinese female takes a black man and stuffs him in her washing machine. She proceeds to pour the detergent on the man and closes the lid. After the wash is finished she opens the machine and out pops a sparkling clean Chinese guy. Her eyes light up. End of grossly racist commercial. I don't have a link but its floating around out there causing shock and outrage as it should everywhere but China apparently. Have a look if you can find it. I was shocked and I don't shock easily but its worth a look and since it is so politically incorrect I thought it deserved mention. 

I recently saw a commercial out of China thats trying to sell laundry detergent. In the ad a Chinese female takes a black man and stuffs him in her washing machine. She proceeds to pour the detergent on the man and closes the lid. After the wash is finished she opens the machine and out pops a sparkling clean Chinese guy. Her eyes light up. End of grossly racist commercial. I don't have a link but its floating around out there causing shock and outrage as it should everywhere but China apparently. Have a look if you can find it. I was shocked and I don't shock easily but its worth a look and since it is so politically incorrect I thought it deserved mention. 

Up your google search skills ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0D-ot2tso8

Also, the term "band" is offensive in this contact. There are plenty of people who identify as "bands" and actually have a right to the term. U2 does not. Just a group of people making noises and playing it safe their entire careers. You don't have to always be an offensive ######. The proper term here is "overrated never hasbeens."

So glad my generation is with me on my U2 hate :P

If that's racist, then what is this?

And then they wonder why us men never come close to that evil machine.

Edited by Huckleberry

Is black offensive? Is African American accurate anyhow?

I use black. 

Years ago I worked with 2 black guys, one born and raised in Jamaica, and the other one born and raised in Haiti. When someone would refer to either one of them as African American, they would get so pissed off and start lecturing said person on them not being A.A and to not just assume they were because of their skin color. Man would they get mad at that. That is why I use black.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.