OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Neo

I believe the Hope Solo domestic violence stuff was discussed here. This isn't a soccer forum though.

The question was mostly rhetorical, but I am always interested in how and why people react the way they do.

Perhaps big soccer fans and Olympics fans have engaged in the kind of righteous anger within their communities as hockey fans have in theirs.

The similarities between her conduct and Kane's are not insignificant.

Hey Hope, maybe if you hadn't choked on those two goals you allowed the previous game perhaps you wouldn't have had to play Sweden this round. 

They'd have won their pool either way.  I don't think a W versus Colombia would have affected their first-round opponent?

If you appreciate sport, and I can't fathom spending time on this board if one didn't, you have to celebrate the Aus v Bzl women's futbol (I have to respect it) tilt.  It was another epic moment tonight.  Both teams tried to win it in the first 10 minutes and failed.  The contest that ensued was awesome.  

And both teams knew the giantwas dead, the USA was cooked.  What a game.

The question was mostly rhetorical, but I am always interested in how and why people react the way they do.

Perhaps big soccer fans and Olympics fans have engaged in the kind of righteous anger within their communities as hockey fans have in theirs.

The similarities between her conduct and Kane's are not insignificant.

Because it's happening all over Facebook where it belongs.  She's a clueless, entitled brat who's not very good at her position, and she's an embarrassment to her country.  There.  Happy now?

"Chemistry is not an exact science."  http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-13/chemistry-is-not-an-exact-science-say-organisers/7731350

Now, I'm no scientist, but it seems to me that chemistry is about as exact as it gets.

The best quote: 

"The Olympic diving pool has been closed again because of water quality issues...a German diver says "the whole building smells like a fart"

https://twitter.com/tomsteinfort/status/764104625763090432

I don't know Hope Solo as a person.  I can't comment on who or what she is.

I can say that she demonstrated, at least for a few post game minutes, a complete lack of understanding of everything competition can and should be.   She missed gracious, too.   She found petulant, immature and entitled.  She missed "rise to the occasion".

If she were 13, I'd whisper in her ear "hey, you missed an opportunity to approach it this way ... think of what each approach says about who YOU are ... when you talk about opponents, people learn more about YOU than the opponent you're describing"

Ugh ...

Hey, MODO ....   we're not all like that!

Edited by N'eo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.