Do you think GMTM is done tinkering with the Sabres roster?

GASabresIUFAN

I think the LW is fine. Moulson, Kane, Ennis, Foligno, Zemgus, and Deslauriers. We honestly think that out of all those guys 2 of them can't hold down the top 2 LW spots? Most teams don't have 6 studs in their top 6, not sure any team does. Most teams have 3 -4 guys with filler where needed in their top 6. Ennis should be fine, Moulson who knows, Kane depends on his legal situation, and Zemgus is a wildcard. Foligno and Des are perfect for lines 3 and 4. In my mind we need a whopping 50% hit rate this season on the left wing and by hit rate I mean serviceable. Jack and Sam should be able to rely on eachother with just about any competent NHL LW filling in. ROR and Okposo should be able to make do with again, any competent NHL player filling the gap. If not then those 4 players are not what they have been billed to be. 

Personally I think the concussion is a factor in the high ankle sprain because the concussion limited his workouts. I think he was rushed back a little and was physically ready to handle it. I hope this time around Lehner is fully healthy and ready to go. 

The Nilsson signing was the biggest head-scratcher to me.

Did Murray actually think he was the best guy available?

Or is just that confident in Ullmark as his Lehner insurance.

Nilsson's career has been about as nondescript as it gets for an NHLer.

Lehner looks like he's been training seriously

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtG_mq9QHI&ebc=ANyPxKreCuuRV9yMnjrbQ8_mIZeHESJWVnHEcuL9NNImMrv4xjT6QnR1Rg0zaLuGAC1ag7nVdy7JeBYyxcZl-sVz5qdMFHVV-A

Edited by dudacek

I think the LW is fine. Moulson, Kane, Ennis, Foligno, Zemgus, and Deslauriers. We honestly think that out of all those guys 2 of them can't hold down the top 2 LW spots? Most teams don't have 6 studs in their top 6, not sure any team does. Most teams have 3 -4 guys with filler where needed in their top 6. Ennis should be fine, Moulson who knows, Kane depends on his legal situation, and Zemgus is a wildcard. Foligno and Des are perfect for lines 3 and 4. In my mind we need a whopping 50% hit rate this season on the left wing and by hit rate I mean serviceable. Jack and Sam should be able to rely on eachother with just about any competent NHL LW filling in. ROR and Okposo should be able to make do with again, any competent NHL player filling the gap. If not then those 4 players are not what they have been billed to be.

Moulson is shot, Kane is going to miss 15-20 games (and has a questionable fit), Ennis is a giant question mark (both in terms of health and fit), Deslauriers should be the team's 13th forward, and if you know what Foligno is going to give on a year to year basis I'll buy you a yacht. The left side is a gigantic question mark that I'd like to see addressed with the addition of another legitimate NHL player.

Moulson is shot, Kane is going to miss 15-20 games (and has a questionable fit), Ennis is a giant question mark (both in terms of health and fit), Deslauriers should be the team's 13th forward, and if you know what Foligno is going to give on a year to year basis I'll buy you a yacht. The left side is a gigantic question mark that I'd like to see addressed with the addition of another legitimate NHL player.

I don't agree with moulson being shot. I don't think Kane will miss that many games, Ennis is either shot from the concussion or fine. Foligno gives me exactly what I need for my 3rd line. We see this differently. If Murray wants to trade a guy for something than sure but the idea of signing another LW without trading one of the guys we have just doesn't make sense. 

I don't agree with moulson being shot. I don't think Kane will miss that many games, Ennis is either shot from the concussion or fine. Foligno gives me exactly what I need for my 3rd line. We see this differently. If Murray wants to trade a guy for something than sure but the idea of signing another LW without trading one of the guys we have just doesn't make sense.

What gives you confidence about Moulson? And Kane basically always misses that many games, doesn't he? He even says himself that his play style inevitably leads to missing chunks of the season

When a team improves 29 points in the standings it is usually the case of the stars aligning and a lot of guys having career years. And you worry about guys falling back.

So maybe we should be more concerned with Reinhart and Risto and ROR, the guys who exceed expectations.

Except I'm not.

I see Kane, Lehner, Ennis, Girgensons, and Jack Eichel being very dissatisfied with their seasons last year and coming in this year with big chips on their shoulders and something to prove. Doesn't mean they will, but I bet good money most of them are better than last year.

Edited by dudacek

Don't know about points, but I think he's got 20 goals in him for this season.

If Matt Moulson scores 20 goals in the coming season, I will ... man, I don't know.

For rhetorical effect only: If Matt Moulson scores 20 goals this season, I will first sh1t in my hat and then eat that hat (without first removing the sh1t).

1. Being the best dad possible to his kids.

2. Dropping in sometime and seeing his "other" kid's new condo.

3. Drawing to an inside straight.

4. Not getting sent to Ra-cha-cha.

5. Finally seeing that new exhibit at the Albright-Knox.

6. Seasons for the Bills.

7. ?

8. ?

20. ?

No idea where you're getting 20. ;)

7. ?

8. ?

20. ?

tumblr_n99owvCBXz1sgl0ajo1_250.gif

You've lost your mind.

7. ?

8. ?

20. ?

Well done :beer:

7. ?

8. ?

20. ?

Turning Jack's old room into an Office/Rumpus Room.

7. ?

8. ?

20. ?

I'll fill in a missing goal: Eat less ice cream!! That's the thing that stuck with me the most from the Eichel-Moulson BB&G episode.. Matt's epic stash of frozen treats!

htScQoB.jpg

Edited by EichSnipe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.