Do you think GMTM is done tinkering with the Sabres roster?

GASabresIUFAN

If Bailey/Fasching aren't quite ready, is our fourth line going to be worse than it was last year?

Was Moulson DLo and Legwand mostly when we were healthy, so probably not.

Okposo and Ennis for Legwand and McGinn, essentially is the lineup change, in terms of regulars isn't it?

Was Moulson DLo and Legwand mostly when we were healthy, so probably not.

Okposo and Ennis for Legwand and McGinn, essentially is the lineup change, in terms of regulars isn't it?

Ennis-ROR-Okposo

Girgs-Eichel-Samson

Kane-Larsson-Foligno

Des-Gionta-Moulson

Am I missing anyone? And this is with a healthy Ennis. If Bailey and Fasching and Carrier aren't ready, and they throw COR at center or something with Des or Moulson sitting, I don't think that line is any better than last year. I don't think our season rides on it, but I was hoping that there wouldn't be any lines whose shifts I had to cringe through this year

We have 12 forwards under contract so I would say our 4th line is fine. Realistically they will only be getting 8 minutes a night.

If by fine you mean we can technically ice enough forwards to have a 4th line, then sure. But like Flagg, I was hoping it'd be more than a "these guys all suck let's stick them together and hope for the best" line. Plus the moment and injury hits, one of those losers ends up playing major minutes. I dislike that situation.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

If by fine you mean we can technically ice enough forwards to have a 4th line, then sure. But like Flagg, I was hoping it'd be more than a "these guys all suck let's stick them together and hope for the best" line. Plus the moment and injury hits, one of those losers ends up playing major minutes. I dislike that situation.

Yea, you think they are losers and suck, I think they will be fine. Different view here. 

Ennis-ROR-Okposo

Girgs-Eichel-Samson

Kane-Larsson-Foligno

Des-Gionta-Moulson

Am I missing anyone? And this is with a healthy Ennis. If Bailey and Fasching and Carrier aren't ready, and they throw COR at center or something with Des or Moulson sitting, I don't think that line is any better than last year. I don't think our season rides on it, but I was hoping that there wouldn't be any lines whose shifts I had to cringe through this year

Ennis - ROR - Okposo

Kane/Zemgus-Eichel-Reinhart

Kane/Zemgus-Larsson-Gionta

Foligno - Cal O'Reilly - Moulson

Des

I see no reason why a line with 3 vets 2 of whom skate fairly well should be a cause for concern. They will not be playing against Crosby, they will be playing against Matt Cullen or similar. 

At most I would like Tim Murray to bring in a veteran center for that 4th line so Cal OReilly can be in Rochester. Personally I would have brought back Legwand for 1 more season.

Edited by LGR4GM

Yea, you think they are losers and suck, I think they will be fine. Different view here.

Ennis - ROR - Okposo

Kane/Zemgus-Eichel-Reinhart

Kane/Zemgus-Larsson-Gionta

Foligno - Cal O'Reilly - Moulson

Des

I see no reason why a line with 3 vets 2 of whom skate fairly well should be a cause for concern. They will not be playing against Crosby, they will be playing against Matt Cullen or similar.

At most I would like Tim Murray to bring in a veteran center for that 4th line so Cal OReilly can be in Rochester. Personally I would have brought back Legwand for 1 more season.

Matt Cullen would run all over that line, though. My only point is that I want our fourth line to be the one running over the other teams' fourth lines. Foligno-COR-Moulson would have us holding our breaths in a bad way all season long. I'm just tired of that after the last few years

Matt Cullen would run all over that line, though. My only point is that I want our fourth line to be the one running over the other teams' fourth lines. Foligno-COR-Moulson would have us holding our breaths in a bad way all season long. I'm just tired of that after the last few years

I do not agree with basically all of this. 

I do not agree with basically all of this. 

Matt Cullen led a fourth line on the cup winning team, scoring 16 goals and 32 points during the season. COR and Moulson are AHL players, and Marcus Foligno is not enough to drag up their performance to a suitable level. Marcus doesn't make people better. He needs better players than him on his line to be effective. Matt Cullen and his linemates would run over these guys, and I'm just sick of watching AHLers get run over, like I said, so I wish we had two real full-time NHLers in that spot, that's all. 

Matt Cullen led a fourth line on the cup winning team, scoring 16 goals and 32 points during the season. COR and Moulson are AHL players, and Marcus Foligno is not enough to drag up their performance to a suitable level. Marcus doesn't make people better. He needs better players than him on his line to be effective. Matt Cullen and his linemates would run over these guys, and I'm just sick of watching AHLers get run over, like I said, so I wish we had two real full-time NHLers in that spot, that's all. 

And again I don't agree with your assessment of what Foligno and Moulson are. Cal is an AHL guy and I stated I would prefer Murray sign a legit center for the 4th line. 

And again I don't agree with your assessment of what Foligno and Moulson are. Cal is an AHL guy and I stated I would prefer Murray sign a legit center for the 4th line. 

Something I'd been hoping for all summer. My hope has shifted to Bailey/Fasching/Carrier, so that Samson can go to center and Larsson can be the "fourth" center.

I'm increasingly warming to the idea of Girgs with Jack and Sam as a line of Young Stallions.

If Girgs flashed an ounce of finishing ability last season, I'd be more interested in the idea. I would be open to them trying it, but I don't like the idea of counting on Girgs to produce the points required for a top 6 role.

If Girgs flashed an ounce of finishing ability last season, I'd be more interested in the idea. I would be open to them trying it, but I don't like the idea of counting on Girgs to produce the points required for a top 6 role.

In my view, he'd not there to finish--he'd there to work the boards for Jack and Samson and to cover for Jack defensively. If he ends up with 15 goals (which he did in 60 games the last time he was given a legit offensive role) while doing that other stuff, I think that's just fine.

In my view, he'd not there to finish--he'd there to work the boards for Jack and Samson and to cover for Jack defensively. If he ends up with 15 goals (which he did in 60 games the last time he was given a legit offensive role) while doing that other stuff, I think that's just fine.

That's a good point. I am interested to see it at least given a chance.

Girgs may need some time to get acclimated to that line, so luckily our coach is one to not rush to reassemble the chosen line combinanations. :/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.