Sabres: Playoffs or Bust

LGR4GM

Alright kids of all ages, we added Kyle Okposo, we might add Jimmy Vesey, we traded for Kulikov, Lehner is now healthy, Jack and Sam are well Jack and Sam. This team in my mind is now a playoff team, maybe on the bubble but I am expecting them to make the playoffs this season. What say you?

We're basically talking about an 11 point jump from last year. Supremely doable. A lot will hinge on Lehner and whoever is the backup.

Yes.  The question mark is at G. 

With even reasonably good play at that position, this team should make the playoffs.

Yes.  The question mark is at G. 

With even reasonably good play at that position, this team should make the playoffs.

I'm gonna have faith in our Crazy Swedish Netminder. 

I will say I think GT is one position where the coach is of immense importance. 

Maybe another upgrade or 2 on the defence and backup goaltender is going to be a really important position with Leaner being a question mark to how many games he will play. I think they need a backup who can be a starter for a long period of time.

This team should be expected to be a playoff team this year with the current roster. Not one expected to win the division, but one that should atleast make the playoffs

Are we saying playoffs or bust as in firings should occur if we miss, or just playoffs or bust as in it'd be highly disappointed?

If it's the latter I would be there. I'll be very disappointed.

Same here. No firings yet, no way Edited by WildCard

Are we saying playoffs or bust as in firings should occur if we miss, or just playoffs or bust as in it'd be highly disappointed?

If it's the latter I would be there. I'll be very disappointed.

supremely disappointed, I like what Murray has had the balls to do

Same here. No firings yet, no way

I'm not bylsma or TM fan, but I don't think it means either gets fired if they don't make the playoffs. But I do think that they should be going after the playoffs this season and there should be disappointment if they don't make it.

There's only one buffalo team who's coach should be fired if they don't make the playoffs this year......

No firings if we miss, but major disappointment.

Not only should the kids get better, but we added Kulikov, Okposo and (effectively) Ennis and Lehner who are all good players and lost a third-pairing defenceman and a backup goalie.

The coaching staff and the players know each other now; they played at a playoff pace in the second half last year.

We're close to the cap.

The free ride is over. Time to ramp up the expectations.

Edited by dudacek

Alright kids of all ages, we added Kyle Okposo, we might add Jimmy Vesey, we traded for Kulikov, Lehner is now healthy, Jack and Sam are well Jack and Sam. This team in my mind is now a playoff team, maybe on the bubble but I am expecting them to make the playoffs this season. What say you?

I concur

I am not a Lehner fan and don't know if we can fix that this year, so I don't expect playoffs this year, but am willing to be surprised.

Many teams make the playoffs with average goaltending

The Sabres were on a 94 point 82 game pace, the last 41 games last season. Theoretically, last year's team was a bubble team. The first half of the year, everybody was too busy introducing themselves to each other. 

"Hi, guys!  My name's Dan.  I like to play a dump-and-chase."

"Hi, Dan!  Our names are Evander, Ryan, and Jack.   you."

That was the first half.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.