Nikita Zadorov on Buffalo's Stance on Russians

WildCard

Oh Zaddy, focus on your game or lack there of, as you currently aren't on an NHL roster.  Shut your ****ing mouth and play hockey.  This is  your problem.  Love your size and shot, but seriously you are an idiot.  

So, is it your opinion that Nikita went out of his way and initiated contact with Slava Malamud to tell him that or do you think he just politely answered a question posed to him?

I'm pretty sure Kulikov is Ukrainian or from Belarus, or something.

It's the only explanation.

Born in Lipetsk, Russia.

Is that still part of Russia? Was it Ukraine before? Hmmm

Of course, if all we've got to go on as far as GMTM's view of Russian players is what happened with Zadarov and Makarov there's a perfectly reasonable non-Russian-hating explanation in both cases...

And Grigs.

It's a no-brainer to say that if Murray actually does possess this view, he should be fired immediately. Not out of any political correctness but out of stupidity.

Makarov also said it's depressing living in Buffalo.

The writer has some interesting Sabres-Soviet memorabilia in his Twitter image. https://twitter.com/SlavaMalamud

I agree. And, we had every opportunity to take a Russian defensemen in the first round this year (Sergachev)... and went with a Swedish winger instead.

But that is because Nylander was the BPA at that spot. It's been reported that Murray's top 3 for that spot was Juolevi, Nylander, Sergachev. Sergachev presumably could have been the pick if the others were taken first.

Didn't GMTM just trade for a Russian D man?

Does this mean he hates Russian players unless they are a perceived upgrade and fill a need?

And he just drafted one, too. Yes, in the 7th, but he still did it.

But that is because Nylander was the BPA at that spot. It's been reported that Murray's top 3 for that spot was Juolevi, Nylander, Sergachev. Sergachev presumably could have been the pick if the others were taken first.

And he just drafted one, too. Yes, in the 7th, but he still did it.

Do you know his name without looking it up? If not, it doesn't count :p

My honest take: Murray does think there's legitimately more risk involved with Russians (whether that's the KHL, or development, or dedication) and weighs that as part of this choice, and it just happens that no Russian is ever in a spot that he's so much better than alternatives from other nationalities that it overrides the increased risk. So maybe he doesn't hate Russians, but I do think he has a preference for non-Russians, all else close to equal.

Do you know his name without looking it up? If not, it doesn't count :p

My honest take: Murray does think there's legitimately more risk involved with Russians (whether that's the KHL, or development, or dedication) and weighs that as part of this choice, and it just happens that no Russian is ever in a spot that he's so much better than alternatives from other nationalities that it overrides the increased risk. So maybe he doesn't hate Russians, but I do think he has a preference for non-Russians, all else close to equal.

I did know his name, yes :p

When you say "this" choice, are you referring specifically to the choice of Nylander over Sergachev, or just in general?

I really think Murray viewed Nylander as the clear BPA when it was time to pick.

I did know his name, yes :P

When you say "this" choice, are you referring specifically to the choice of Nylander over Sergachev, or just in general?

I really think Murray viewed Nylander as the clear BPA when it was time to pick.

In general. And I too believe Murray viewed Nylander as superior to Sergachev. Frankly, if we had taken Serg over Nylander, the "hates Russians" meme would be deader than dead. At least now we can still cling to it :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.