Sabres Prospects 2016-17

Hoss

Well in a goaltender I'd rather that than a wonky eye

You can win a Vezina & a silver medal w/ a wonky eye. You'll never win nothin' w/ a wonky ear. The balance will be all messed up and you won't hear the puck accurately from distance. Once you start to hear it properly, it'll already be in the net.

You can win a Vezina & a silver medal w/ a wonky eye. You'll never win nothin' w/ a wonky ear. The balance will be all messed up and you won't hear the puck accurately from distance. Once you start to hear it properly, it'll already be in the net.

I've been schooled. :P

Interesting note on Nylander: his numbers this year in the AHL are pretty much identical to ERod's in a few more games.

He's five years younger, and we still look at ERod as a prospect.

When Evan was an amerk I barely ever thought of him as a prospect as he didn't show much.

Interesting note on Nylander: his numbers this year in the AHL are pretty much identical to ERod's in a few more games.

Am I the only one who doesn't expect to see him in blue and gold until at least '20?

And he'll only be 19 then?

??

18 now?  Puts him at 20 in 2 seasons.  I'm not thinking age as much as I am thinking development time.  2 full AHL seasons, and maybe part of a 3rd before he sees consistent NHL time seems about right to me for a prospect that would be considered high end.  I'd have doubts about how terrific a prospect he is if he needs more than 2 AHL seasons to start seeing consistent NHL ice time.

??

18 now?  Puts him at 20 in 2 seasons.  I'm not thinking age as much as I am thinking development time.  2 full AHL seasons, and maybe part of a 3rd before he sees consistent NHL time seems about right to me for a prospect that would be considered high end.  I'd have doubts about how terrific a prospect he is if he needs more than 2 AHL seasons to start seeing consistent NHL ice time.

Nevermind. He's 19 now. For some reason I thought he was only 17.

'18-'19 sounds about right.

I suspect the defense is pretty bad in Rochester too so the forwards are not getting much support there and their numbers suffer

Murray said a month ago that he expects Nylander to push hard for an NHL job next year.

I took that to mean Murray expects next year to be like this year was for Bailey - Nylander effective in the A, with flashes but not quite there yet in Buffalo.

Interesting run of Tweets on Mar 11 from Sabre prospect guru Kris Baker on why he suspects Cal Petersen will go the Vesey route.

Too many to embed. Here's the link to his Twitter page:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SabresProspects?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's why I hate Twitter.  The intarwebz has ruined my attention span, but Twitter is a whole 'nother level of distractedness.

Oh I don't know about that.  I'd feel better about things if the Sabres were still in the playoff hunt, but the chance to play with Eichel and a team on the rise, and to be a core piece coming in at (essentially) the very beginning should be motivation to come to the Sabres.  We see disappointment as long suffering fans, but I think the rest of the league views the Sabres as about to turn the corner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.