2016 NHL DRAFT TONIGHT

Claude_Verret

Projecting the top 3.  Model was pretty good last year.

All three of these top prospects look like future elite NHL forwards, but projecting Matthews as a replicant of Jack Eichel or Patrik Laine as the next Alex Ovechkin is getting a big ahead of ourselves as far as what their rookie seasons should be.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/projecting-nhl-rookie-point-totals-matthews-laine-puljujarvi/

Well almost every mock draft I've seen today has us drafting Sergachev at 8. I am personally starting to jump on the Nylander train for my pick. The kid has everything you look for in a winger. Size, speed, hockey iq, and a wicked shot all checks in my book. Plus you get the storyline of Jack and William vs. Austin and Alex for the next decade.

Keller is my choice too.  If you're never right, pick somebody else please

Keller seems to be the popular choice but if they go forward, I think they pick Nylander before Keller.

In fact if Vesey signs here and Nylander is the pick, that pretty much guarantees family feud with the Leafs.

Well almost every mock draft I've seen today has us drafting Sergachev at 8. I am personally starting to jump on the Nylander train for my pick. The kid has everything you look for in a winger. Size, speed, hockey iq, and a wicked shot all checks in my book. Plus you get the storyline of Jack and William vs. Austin and Alex for the next decade.

This.  I would love to see us get Nylander as the rivalry with the leafs would jump a tenfold overnight.

Projecting the top 3.  Model was pretty good last year.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/projecting-nhl-rookie-point-totals-matthews-laine-puljujarvi/

I think that Matthews points will be lower but wouldn't be surprised if that is what he did. Depends on the team Toronto fields. 

Fans, join us Friday Night at @NHL Fan Fest to meet Dominik Hasek in the @CoorsLight tent from 5-6:30pm!

He has everything except toughness.  He's the most perimeter player I've ever seen, and I'm not joking.  Keller should be the choice if you're going forward, I don't care if he's 2" shorter

He has everything except toughness.  He's the most perimeter player I've ever seen, and I'm not joking.  Keller should be the choice if you're going forward, I don't care if he's 2" shorter

Was thinking the same, he doesn't have size, plays the perimeter and has been reported to have a weak defensive game all though better than his brother.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.