2016 NHL DRAFT TONIGHT

Claude_Verret

I didn't see a pressing need for late round d either. But having a bunch of goalies at different stages of development seems prudent if for no other reason than they are so hard to project. Strength in numbers. I am not complaining just thought taking one would have been a reasonable investment.

I'm with you.  Pick a goalie every year.

Lots of 18 year old goalies went undrafted this weekend.

Let them go back to junior, NCAA or Europe and develop into something we can sign, draft or trade for over the coming year.

I'm sure GMTM had his eye on a few but they went earlier. Maybe next year there will be one or two worth drafting.

Edited by French Collection

There's a team called the Eaters?  What does that mean over there?

Dutch people are weird, weird names , dunno tbh :P

Edit: looked it up , apparently the club was established in 1968, the name eaters was brought with from the canadians playing for them.

Trail smoke eaters apparently were the last canadian amateur team to become world champion.

screen_shot_2016-06-24_at_9.40.24_pm.png

Seems like we can spend another 3rd round pick in 3 years on a college free agent :P

Edited by Huckleberry

Well our own great and might GM didn't thank the city, or fans, or anyone when he made his pick, (same as last year), so its a little hypocritical to be disapointed others didn't say things about the City of buffalo

To be fair I qualified the point by saying Considering our GM maybe I shouldn't take offense. However I hope if it's in Toronto, MTL or OTT that GMTM simply announce the players name with two words. I'm still of a belief that if it were in Tor, Mtl or Ott that those teams would thank the host city. Just me giving me another to hate on them! 

So who on D is left... Luce kid looks like a possibility cant believe its his Grandson.

Didn't even get drafted which was pretty surprising.

Dutch people are weird, weird names , dunno tbh :P

Edit: looked it up , apparently the club was established in 1968, the name eaters was brought with from the canadians playing for them.

Trail smoke eaters apparently were the last canadian amateur team to become world champion.

screen_shot_2016-06-24_at_9.40.24_pm.png

Seems like we can spend another 3rd round pick in 3 years on a college free agent :P

Context?

Maybe he was a Rangers fan, the Bruins beat them in Game 3 of the second round that day.

Yup. They showed this tweet on Sportsnet during the draft, and it was pretty annoying/stupid I thought. They brought it up to say, "Hey, if you see this, don't freak out, here's the context...", but I can't help but think they drew a ton more attention to the tweet by showing it on national tv rather than just leaving well enough alone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.