Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

I could see them trading somebody like Marner plus a sweetener for Lindholm. I hope not, but it's definitely a possibility. Especially after they've been able to unload the Phaneuf, Clarkson, and Kessel contracts.

If your trading Marner your definitely not adding a sweetener IMO.  Marner looks legit.

Do you make the deal: Reinhart for Lindholm, straight up?

I may possibly think about considering it at some point in the future I'm declining to specify at this time.

So maybe. I need more information.

-Can Reinhart play center at a high level?

-If he can, is the organization comfortable keeping him there and running a top tier center spine? Or is the team dead set on him being Jack's running mate?

If he can be the center many think he can, and the team is willing to run some combo of ROR-Eichel-Reinhart and attack teams with incredible balance, then I'm not willing to do it as it's robbing peter to pay Paul (quite literally pay, in this sense). But if he either can't play center well enough for whatever reason, or the team insists on him as a winger, then I make the trade. #1D simply has more value than even great wingers.

I do. I don't think they do.

I should say I would now. I wouldn't have not long ago.

I think they would. He's an established young player with a very high ceiling, a former #2 overall and very cost controlled right now and for at least another season, when they are in a tight spot with their D in regards to the cap.

I may possibly think about considering it at some point in the future I'm declining to specify at this time.

So maybe. I need more information.

-Can Reinhart play center at a high level?

-If he can, is the organization comfortable keeping him there and running a top tier center spine? Or is the team dead set on him being Jack's running mate?

If he can be the center many think he can, and the team is willing to run some combo of ROR-Eichel-Reinhart and attack teams with incredible balance, then I'm not willing to do it as it's robbing peter to pay Paul (quite literally pay, in this sense). But if he either can't play center well enough for whatever reason, or the team insists on him as a winger, then I make the trade. #1D simply has more value than even great wingers.

Very interesting. I would think the likelihood of Reinhart being unable to play center is low, but if you combine that with the odds of them not wanting to play Reinhart at center, the combined likelihood could very well be above 50%. If the deal was on the table right now, you may have to make the trade.  :P  :o

That future situation that would allow you to wait probably doesn't exist. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.