Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

Sooooo Reinhart? :angel:

I've been watching the Ducks games to see how Fowler has been playing. Don't kid yourselves, he's not coming cheap even if he's the one to truly get moved. He's arguably the best defender they have right now.

Maybe they'll trade Vatanen instead. I thought they should have traded him instead of re-signing him given his age. Fowler is younger, and cheaper for the next two seasons. You can always move Fowler after this season to give a roster space to Montour and Theodore long-term. They also have another top D prospect in Jacob Larsson.

Maybe this is what they are trying to do. Get offers for both Fowler and Vatanen and then take the max offer. However they are running out of time and teams are running out of cap space.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Maybe they'll trade Vatanen instead. I thought they should have traded him instead of re-signing him given his age. Fowler is younger, and cheaper for the next two seasons. You can always move Fowler after this season to give a roster space to Montour and Theodore long-term. They also have another top D prospect in Jacob Larsson.

Maybe this is what they are trying to do. Get offers for both Fowler and Vatanen and then take the max offer. However they are running out of time and teams are running out of cap space.

I can't remember where I saw it but apparently Anaheim has Lindholm on the block.... not Fowler. They would likely get a higher return and save money by doing so. And they also have Thedore waiting in the wings.

No way we get Lindolm without Nylander as part of the package, or for Reinhart as the package. Need to send a true blue chipper the other way to get him.

Exactly. It seems like everyone is channeling the Wookie lately with trade proposals. Lindholm would require Nylander plus sweeteners at a minimum or more likely Reinhart. He was drafted 6th overall and has shown to be both worth the pick along with 4 years of steady development. I don't care about their cap situation. There will be 28 other teams besides us who are interested so the idea that we're gonna fleece them of a blue chipper for spare parts is highly unlikely.

Exactly. It seems like everyone is channeling the Wookie lately with trade proposals. Lindholm would require Nylander plus sweeteners at a minimum or more likely Reinhart. He was drafted 6th overall and has shown to be both worth the pick along with 4 years of steady development. I don't care about their cap situation. There will be 28 other teams besides us who are interested so the idea that we're gonna fleece them of a blue chipper for spare parts is highly unlikely.

It's been said on here for awhile, I think most posters are aware of how much it will really cost, but we're fans and we're desperate fans ;)

It's been said on here for awhile, I think most posters are aware of how much it will really cost, but we're fans and we're desperate fans ;)

As you were then. Lindholm for Larsson, Baptiste, and a 2nd round pick. Not enough? Fine, we'll throw in a basket of crispy wings, but they have to throw in a deluxe chicken burrito from Del Taco.

As you were then. Lindholm for Larsson, Baptiste, and a 2nd round pick. Not enough? Fine, we'll throw in a basket of crispy wings, but they have to throw in a deluxe chicken burrito from Del Taco.

Dude, I'm really craving some lobsta; make it a bucket of wings or I'm hanging up.

My greatest fear is that Toronto will trade part of their stable of prospects and acquire Lindholm or Fowler. 

Pretty sure my head would actually explode if that happens 

I could see them trading somebody like Marner plus a sweetener for Lindholm. I hope not, but it's definitely a possibility. Especially after they've been able to unload the Phaneuf, Clarkson, and Kessel contracts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.