Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Understood, fair point.

Doesn't the fact that he lied to Poile bother you? It's a sign of poor character and signals potential problems down the road with negotiations, playing time, etc... Seems like a high maintenance guy which typically aren't received well in the locker room.... and being Jack's buddy, could have an impact on his development as well if he doesn't pan out. Maybe I'm just overthinking this, I hope I'm wrong about him.

It bothers me a little but their loss is potentially our gain so I'm not gonna waste my time shedding tears for Nashville. If we are able to sign him we have a potential top 6 winger for dirt cheap for 2 years.

If he plays great we'll still have his rights after 2 years and we'll have the inside track to extend him. If he plays horribly we can walk away and if his play is mediocre we can extend him for cheap or trade him for another teams disappointing scraps or a draft pick.

There's practically no downside to signing him.

Hmmm well that's also interesting. Play the tape! I think the goalie he's talking about who reneged is Montoya but that's a different story but a good one. He's giving good info as always.

As for Okposo, Murray said he did not have to sell him on Buffalo. Okposo said he had family here and already loved the city.

Calling pi's take on Vesey bull crap is an insult to bull crap. My favorite is his assertion that as a college player Vesey doesn't have the right to dictate to the NHL where he plays. That is precious in how utterly incorrect it is.

GO SABRES!!!

As a person in general looking out for his well being, he has the right to do what he chooses. I wouldn't expect anything different from a well educated young man. Edited by DirtDart

As for Okposo, Murray said he did not have to sell him on Buffalo. Okposo said he had family here and already loved the city.

GMTM also said Vesey said stop you don't have to sell me on the city. I love the city and have family there.

Was not aware of that which is another checkmark in our favor.

Did both guys say this, or is there just confusion about which player GMTM was talking about when he said that?

Ok I was under impression that GMTM had already sat down seriously with him. He stated roughly we're gonna sit down with him next week and see if they can get something done. So guess we all need to keep our powder dry till then and see what happens. Hate waiting but this makes sense depending on development camp next week and see if he is here.

It bothers me a little but their loss is potentially our gain so I'm not gonna waste my time shedding tears for Nashville. If we are able to sign him we have a potential top 6 winger for dirt cheap for 2 years.

If he plays great we'll still have his rights after 2 years and we'll have the inside track to extend him. If he plays horribly we can walk away and if his play is mediocre we can extend him for cheap or trade him for another teams disappointing scraps or a draft pick.

There's practically no downside to signing him.

You're right, good point about not being tied into an expensive long term contract.

Did both guys say this, or is there just confusion about which player GMTM was talking about when he said that?

He was talking about Okposo.

Yes it was Okposo he was talking about. Hoss already bitch slapped me for spewing wrong  info.

Or I work for WGR and it's my job to spew incorrect information.

NMC...

Nah, he was way to cold about it.

If you look back I actually deleted my initial post because when I looked at WGR's Tweets they don't make it clear at all who he's talking about. It wasn't until some follow up quotes from other local reporters that I realized it was definitely Okposo. Certainly not your fault since others wondered the same.

Also, 716-555-5555.

If you look back I actually deleted my initial post because when I looked at WGR's Tweets they don't make it clear at all who he's talking about. It wasn't until some follow up quotes from other local reporters that I realized it was definitely Okposo. Certainly not your fault since others wondered the same.

Also, 716-555-5555.

LOL dude

Or BOT.

The actual number is (716) 867-5309.

I know; I've called it.

I can attest: he did have a good time. ;)

Hmm, I was going to ask how much this cost but, never mind.

It only cost me 6 Dairy Queen coupons.

I have to admit that I knew absolutely nothing about Vesey before the Sabres acquired him and still don't know a whole lot. He sounds like he will be a great prospect, but is it too early to think of him as a top six without ever having played an NHL game? I know he'll be an older rookie who has had a great collegiate career, but are we putting too much stock in him before he proves himself? I definitely think he is worth the gamble, but I don't want to rush him into the lineup if he decides to play with us even though a guaranteed spot would be a selling point.

I have to admit that I knew absolutely nothing about Vesey before the Sabres acquired him and still don't know a whole lot. He sounds like he will be a great prospect, but is it too early to think of him as a top six without ever having played an NHL game? I know he'll be an older rookie who has had a great collegiate career, but are we putting too much stock in him before he proves himself? I definitely think he is worth the gamble, but I don't want to rush him into the lineup if he decides to play with us even though a guaranteed spot would be a selling point.

Yes. 

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what the Sabres or any other team promises him in terms of assignment or ice time, he will have to win the job on its own merits. I think other players vying for the same opportunity will have something to say about it. At least I hope so. 

GO SABRES!!!

Yes. 

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what the Sabres or any other team promises him in terms of assignment or ice time, he will have to win the job on its own merits. I think other players vying for the same opportunity will have something to say about it. At least I hope so. 

GO SABRES!!!

Enis

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.