Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

And by Friday this thread will be titled "Vesey's rights traded to Sabres for 3rd-Round Pick (#76) - Signs w/ ______" 

Reports, rumors and what not will be coming from anyone in NHL media. It'll be entertaining reading the reports, and of course taking a look at message boards for teams he's spoke w/ will be very interesting. 

Just took a look at teams supposedly on his short list on HF Boards. Sure enough he's one of the main topics being discussed. People are split on each board on whether or not Vesey will sign w/ their team. Others have even expressed their hopes he doesn't sign w/ their team due to Vesey ditching the Predators. Hmmm.... sounds a lot like our message board. And let me add I mean what I just mentioned as a positive remark. Sabrespace is the place to be for Sabres hockey talk. 

Edited by GoPre

He had to decide not to do anything like sign a contract. If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. There's a Rush song about it too.

Yea but that ruins the Pi Paradox and actually is what happened.

I quoted Freewill in a paper in college, citing Neil Peart as a philosopher. Didn't go over well. I got a lecture about taking my studies seriously.

Why? Boston is the easiest for me to get over. If I were in his position and the Sabres wanted me I'd go to the Sabres hands down. I'm a Buffalo boy, I'd want to wear that sweater first. He's from Boston, I can't begrudge him for wanting to play for his hometown team if that's what he really wants to do. I can understand Boston, Toronto, Pittsburgh and Chicago. Anything else would irritate me and a stupid place like new Jersey would piss me off beyond belief.

Watch Poile pull the master stroke and sign him tomorrow to go along with the pick he got back.

Because it's Boston and I already hate them

Blowing off that Harvard education?

How Auston Matthews of you.

How do you reconcile his commitment to a Harvard education, which should bring large economic rewards down the road, with his desire to go to a team that can offer the best chance at a big second contract? (Or maybe the two don't have to be reconciled.) Shouldn't the Harvard education allow him to go play wherever his heart desires and wherever he has a chance to win a Cup? He loses a little on his second contract, so what? He'll make it up in his post-playing career.

I'm almost with pi here. He seems like he's afraid to take that next step.

~Pangloss out like trout*

This made me laugh

ETD51@ETD51 36m36 minutes ago

The Chicago Blackhawks pitch to Jimmy Vesey will be "you're guaranteed to play in every outdoor game for the next two years".

On a top two line though? Ah there's the rub. A couple of big games on the national outdoor stage -- Jimmy knows that could be his ticket to big, big bucks.

Good morning and a happy Vesey Day, everyone!

I applaud the kid. He's gotten a degree from Harvard -- and it probably wasn't a B.A. in Sports Administration. For the last year he's said he was going to become a UFA so he had complete control of his world. Well done. In the meantime, everyone has speculated or inquired or rumored on any little word he or his friends or his agent has said. The only way he could have come out of that mess clean would be to move to a desert island for the last 9 months. But he knows he can't come right out and say who he wants to play for X because everyone would frown upon it, and so he'll go to the best situation he can find (even if it was X all along). He's gotten through the system and now he has freedom.

If I played hockey in college and wanted to only play for the Sabres (or to choose exactly what was best for me and my future)... I'd consider this route, too.

I heard Jeremy White I think, today make a great point that I would like to pose to the crowd that says Vesey shouldn't be allowed to do this.

There are 15 other guys that became FA today. So a team drafted and has strung along a guy for four years only to decide they don't want to sign him and you're ok with that? Happens pretty regularly I think and no one cares simply because these guys are usually no good. But with the shoe on the other foot there is butthurt?

So we know all 4 of those teams are out now

So then it's hometown, play with a friend or playing for the Hawks as a top six. If I'm him, I think I take the Hawks. . 

So we know all 4 of those teams are out now

Yeah, it seems like he would be getting the less likely teams out of the way first, although I hear he has agreed to listen to the Jackets, and we all know that isn't going anywhere.

Tweeters are also saying there's a Rangers meeting today, fwiw.

Sounds to me like you did.

Agreed.

Go for a drive by yourself, crank up "The Spirit of Radio" and report back.

Then study the album "A Farewell to Kings" for a year or two. Then go on a cross country road trip, and stop when La Villa Strangiato ends.

And if you still think the way you do after that, WC, I challenge you to a duel.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Agreed.

Then study the album "A Farewell to KingsHemispheres" for a year or two. Then go on a cross country road trip, and stop when La Villa Strangiato ends.

And if you still think the way you do after that, WC, I challenge you to a duel.

fixed

Jimmy's agent is working his way through proposals.

They've already said a farewell to the Kings.

Among Jimmy's more obscure demands: power windows.

So far, his camp has yet to offer any signals.

But I hear teams have been impressed with his grace under pressure.

Edited by dudacek

I love Rush' lyrics

I do not like their music

You must really hate La Villa Strangiato then.  No redeeming qualities for you.

Because it's Boston and I already hate them

Wait.. do we hate Rush or Boston?  I'm so confused.

Jimmy Vesey hates Rush.

"TO" Rush.  Jimmy Vesey Hates To Rush.  :)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.