Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

I know posters are either in the "petulant little child" or "earned his right to choose" category (you're only two options), but Detroit too far away from home? Why would his management team let this go public? It's a 2 hour flight. There has to be 10+ flight options per day. You are an adult now Jimmy, a member of the workforce. You might have to go further east than the I-95 to earn your multi-mill salary.

Might have been the polite way of saying I gave you the interview out of respect for Ken Holland who knows my dad etc but in reality means no Detroit. You playoff record is about to die and you aren't going to be the Detroit I know. You're kind of like my hometown Bruins on the way to the bottom for a long run.

Next.

I know posters are either in the "petulant little child" or "earned his right to choose" category (you're only two options), but Detroit too far away from home? Why would his management team let this go public? It's a 2 hour flight. There has to be 10+ flight options per day. You are an adult now Jimmy, a member of the workforce. You might have to go further east than the I-95 to earn your multi-mill salary.

But he doesn't, so why would he?

I think it's gonna be the Sabres or Boston.

If Detroit is too far, so is Chicago -- and he already rejected Nashville, which is in Chicago's division.

Pittsburgh and the Rangers are possible but I think/hope he'll want to be in the same division as Boston and Toronto.

If he and his family think he's better off being away from home, the Sabres have to be finalists along with the Rangers and Pittsburgh.

And most Bostonians don't like NYC.

C'mon Jimmy.

Saw some twitter stuff today where lots of NY sports figures and celebrities n such were telling Jimmy to sign with the blueshirts. Don't have a link and don't use twitter myself but thought some of you twits might have something.

I say that last part with the utmost respect. Not sure what else to call someone that tweets. ;)

Edited by bunomatic

Saw some twitter stuff today where lots of NY sports figures and celebrities n such were telling Jimmy to sign with the blueshirts. Don't have a link and don't use twitter myself but thought some of you twits might have something.

I say that last part with the utmost respect. Not sure what else to call someone that tweets. ;)

There was a lot of chatter around people telling Kevin Hayes to talk to Vesey and how Hayes is going to land Vesey because reasons. Nothing official just a lot of randomness on the twitter. No one knows anything other than Detroit is out. 

There was a lot of chatter around people telling Kevin Hayes to talk to Vesey and how Hayes is going to land Vesey because reasons. Nothing official just a lot of randomness on the twitter. No one knows anything other than Detroit is out.

The Rangers have literally nothing other than that city life. Hell, even that may dissuade someone because of the media pressure. NYR was be such a mystery to me Edited by WildCard

Might have been the polite way of saying I gave you the interview out of respect for Ken Holland who knows my dad etc but in reality means ###### no Detroit. You playoff record is about to die and you aren't going to be the Detroit I know. You're kind of like my hometown Bruins on the way to the bottom for a long run.

Next.

Why not after all is said and done, a simple: "after careful deliberation, we felt x was the best fit for jimmy"? Simple. I guess "too far from home" is polite but it was poorly handled and not helping the kid's image. And I'm not anti-JV; count me in the apathetic "who cares I want the season to start now" camp.

I say NJ. The train point makes sense (especially after the Detroit rejection). I think their forwards are underrated. Schneider obviously. And why the hell are they being considered if there wasn't something about the franchise and/or environment that he liked? Wants to be close too mommy so maybe he prefers the quiet, coddled experience of an empty Prudential Arena (just kidding...sort of).

Run DMC, Jerry Ferrara, Muhammad Wilkerson, Justin Tuck and Boomer Esiason all tweeted at Vesey. And ESPN's Linda Cohn...

It wasn't just a bunch of fans. They got some big names to the task.

Vesey's Meeting with the Bruins will be tomorrow afternoon at their new practice facility.

There is your winner.

Ehhh to me that just says it's down to us or them

are the ESPN personalities? I refuse to google them. I know ones a football player.

I honestly thought you were screwing with him

ESPN is not and will probably never be on my Radar. They have terrible hockey coverage and I don't care about Tom Brady's diaper rash or whatever. 

Ehhh to me that just says it's down to us or them
I honestly thought you were screwing with him

Nope, Run DMC and Wilkerson are all I know. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.