Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

Big left shot dman drafted under assistant GMTM in Ottawa.  GMTM should know everything he needs to know about him if interested.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a shot at the kid. Could get him cheap, maybe even on a 2-way deal. 

Brandon Gormley - former 1st rounder - another left shot dman.  Could be a cheap 7th d if GMTM has any interest.

Meh, I'd rather use a scrawny 19 year old Guhle.

I wouldn't be surprised if he takes a shot at the kid. Could get him cheap, maybe even on a 2-way deal. 

This I could see, definitely some interesting names non-tendered for sure.

Aaron Ward is reporting Pavel Datsyuk is signing with SKA St. Peterburg for two years at about $7.6M US per year.

$3.9M per

Well that's a much better deal than I thought they'd get for him. I expected at least $4.5M

Edited by WildCard

Pens say Fleury will start the season in Pittsburgh

They just couldn't trade him, is all.  No one wanted him.

The dollars for Shaw are fine, but I'm not a huge fan of committing long term to relatively replaceable talent.

How do you feel about #82 at 2.5M per?

#Canadiens sign Andrew Shaw to a six year de

The dollars for Shaw are fine, but I'm not a huge fan of committing long term to relatively replaceable talent.

He is a nice player (I like him alot) but as u put it he is totally replaceable anyone could play with towes (spelling?) or Kane

again I would have loved to draft him, but not trade for and then sign him.  with the exception of Vasey no big free agent signings please!!!!

He is a little better than McGinn who I love, but not for $3-4 million

They are great for around $2 million

total team players that make cup teams win, but again u need to draft them or get them on the cheap!

#Canadiens sign Andrew Shaw to a six year de

He is a nice player (I like him alot) but as u put it he is totally replaceable anyone could play with towes (spelling?) or Kane

again I would have loved to draft him, but not trade for and then sign him.  with the exception of Vasey no big free agent signings please!!!!

total team players that make cup teams win, but again u need to draft them or get them on the cheap!

I would argue McGinn is better. Shaw was the beneficiary of riding a lot of coat tails. Mtl doesn't have the same supporting cast.

They just couldn't trade him, is all.  No one wanted him.

How do you feel about #82 at 2.5M per?

Not great. If I had confidence he'd play like he did the second half last year on the 3rd line, I'd be downright thrilled with that figure. Problem is, I don't have that confidence.

Not great. If I had confidence he'd play like he did the second half last year on the 3rd line, I'd be downright thrilled with that figure. Problem is, I don't have that confidence.

This is fair, but I sometimes feel,like I am the last person in Foligno's corner.

He passed the 200 game mark last season. What we saw in the second half is what he is.

Power forwards take awhile.

Big left shot dman drafted under assistant GMTM in Ottawa.  GMTM should know everything he needs to know about him if interested.

Agreed. I don't think GMTM has any interest in him. Unless we're looking at playing the backline when Clitsome ands Pu are on the ice.

Well that's a much better deal than I thought they'd get for him. I expected at least $4.5M

Term though? That's not a contract I want for a guy like that.

with the exception of Vasey no big free agent signings please!!!!

You say you like McGinn. I'm guessing what you think he's worth is half of what he signs for. What do you think he signs for?

What's the last thing you want to mix with the Clitsome Pu.

Punctuate as you wish.

A Wiercoch of course!!!!