NHL Combine 2016 Buffalo NY

Brawndo

Per Tyson Jost's Agent the Sabres are leaning towards a D Man in the first round.

Most likely, but that is what he told me when I said to him I would not mind if the Sabres drafted him at 8th Overall.

The agent himself, then, eh?

I'm unfamiliar with the player. Smallish?

Loving this inside info BRAWNDO.

As do I!

Also: I think I failed to appreciate the source of this tidbit. I thought it was Twittersphere stuff. Nuggets from Brawndo get all of my love.

Ottawa has the toughest interview process.

Buffalo has the most intimidating as there are 25 people in the room

Wtf? 25 people in the room? To evaluate an interview? What could they possibly all be there for?

The agent himself, then, eh?

I'm unfamiliar with the player. Smallish?

As do I!

Also: I think I failed to appreciate the source of this tidbit. I thought it was Twittersphere stuff. Nuggets from Brawndo get all of my love.

No worries Smell, I should have mentioned I was volunteering at the combine today

i suspect that # is a product of the fact that it's taking place in buffalo.

but perhaps it's a well-taken criticism, just the same. what's the point of having 25 people there to hear what a kid has to say?

Edited by That Aud Smell

No doubt Rob and Rex are in there

Meanwhile, Edmonton's is just a giant poster of McDavid while holding theirs more like an NCAA recruiting trip rather than an interview

Edited by WildCard

You have a sport played on a surface of frozen water, so you physically evaluate the players on dry land?   OK.    

They should do it like the NFL combine... game specific drills, all on the ice, agility tests, shot speed, 40 yard sprint, etc... that would be must see TV.    

But no, the NHL would rather evaluate their ability to play the fastest game in sports by doing an exaggerated curtsy.....  brilliant.

Capture.jpg

Are players usually in the room? It would make sense for the captains to be there actually.

No data.

My comment was strictly in response to your "couldn't name 25 members of the organization" comment. AND it was tongue in cheek, which was the point of the friggin' smiley. :wallbash:

So Murray is leaning D? My guess is he's high on 2 of the 3 D-men, and if one or both are available at 8, that's who he takes. Maybe unless there is an unexpected fall for a top forward. Maybe he's not as high on the 3rd D. All guessing on my part.

Also, if the rumor is true, it may show that GMs don't strictly think BPA early in the draft, if Murray is already leaning D.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.